• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel bad for Sam

gorillamilitia13

5 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

He played a bad game yesterday but his last drive was magical. You have to give him credit for that. We haven’t seen a QB do that since Cam. That drive showed me what Rhule sees in Sam. 

Had we won in OT we would all be singing praises and how this game will be a catalyst for the season. Sucks we lost but I hope takes that drive and builds off it.

He played well against a defense without Peterson and was all playing prevent. 
Excuse me if I am not impressed. 

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I feel sorry for Sam playing behind this line. I feel sorry for Sam that his first 3 years were under the Jets. I have sorry for Sam because his offensive coordinator hasn't recognized he plays his best ball when, by design, he doesn't have time to think.

Sam has done some pretty crappy things the past 3 weeks but he's also shown he can do some pretty special things too. TB isn't making that 4th quarter drive. Sam definitely needs to step it up, but it's not all on him. This team isn't performing like it's been well coached and that concerns me more than Darnold does right now. 

And I feel sorry for him because it's going to eventually end up with him holding onto a clipboard after next season for another team (and that's if they don't give him the boot after this season). 

Some of it is his own doing but a good chunk of it isn't and having a Competent O-Line would've helped him immensely. 

I said it before the season started that it's now or never for Sam as an NFL Starting QB.....

....the way things are going, it's going to be "never" and that really sucks.

Sucks for him and it sucks for the entire team and US.  

Edited by glenwo2

49 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He played well against a defense without Peterson and was all playing prevent. 
Excuse me if I am not impressed. 

You were never impressed even from the day he was traded for, though.  🤷‍♂️

This is not exactly groundbreaking news around here.

Even when he ran in 2 TDs, you crapped on him because of your antiquated belief that QBs should only be throwing TD passes, not running them in.

Man...you must've hated Cam then back in the day.

Edited by glenwo2

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

And I feel sorry for him because it's going to eventually end up with him holding onto a clipboard after next season for another team (and that's if they don't give him the boot after this season). 

Some of it is his own doing but a good chunk of it isn't and having a Competent O-Line would've helped him immensely. 

I said it before the season started that it's now or never for Sam as an NFL Starting QB.....

....the way things are going, it's going to be "never" and that really sucks.

Sucks for him and it sucks for the entire team and US.  

I liken it to shooting. If you give me time to think about the process, I'll miss wide left every time. If I just let muscle memory take over, I'm good. He just does not do well when he's given unexpected time to think.

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I liken it to shooting. If you give me time to think about the process, I'll miss wide left every time. If I just let muscle memory take over, I'm good. He just does not do well when he's given unexpected time to think.

Maybe he just needs to go out there and NOT follow Brady's "advice" and just throw it to an open man down the field or something?  

I really think Brady had no gameplan to play without CMC.

In fact, his entire playbook had CMC on EVERY PAGE, I bet....