• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 6 Pass Blocking grades

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly he has played decent all year. Looks like Miller is still capable so I agree with getting BC out there. Moton, Erving, BC, Miller, and Elf (if healthy) should be out there playing.

You can argue who should start where but this group of five is probably our best lineup the remainder of this season:  BC, Erving, Elf, Miller and Moton.  Leave Miller and Moton on the right.  It's a big ask but let Erving help out BC on the left. 

[Can Elf really be worse than Paradis?]

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I mean, I’m not an NFL OL coach but can Christensen not play LG or RG and slide over Miller? 

Can Trent Scott not play guard?

Can Elflein play center? Is Tecklenburg really worse than Paradis.

I’m just looking for solutions

If there has been any lesson in the first six games, it is there are no solutions to the OL problem. The solution will be next offseason and the offseason after that, most likely.

This was the pile of turds they assembled and they can shine, shine and shine some more but they will still be a pile of turds. 

Assuming Miller was better because Moton was back at RT. There is a familiarity with these two. Don’t mess with the right side and just focus on center and LG. Irving is who he is and probably the best option at LT. Kind of bothersome that BC could not beat out Jordan at LG this week. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, but due to voided years on his contract, we still pay him after he's out the door.  Ouch and DOUBLE ouch.

Paying for nothing is what we’ve already been doing.  No additional pain here.  At least the boil will have been lanced.  The infection can drain slowly if need be.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

No wonder when Sam has to bail, he does so to the right side of the line.  Yikes!

Remember that play where one of the Vikings players busted through the middle easily and grabbed Sam's facemask for a penalty?

Gee...I wonder who let that happen? 

Is Paradis one of the last terrible Hurney Contracts left on the team? Shaq's contact is pretty terrible but at least he is a positive when he is on the field and seems to be trying to play up to his pay this season.

I think almost all of the dead money from the Hurney era is finally gone after this season.