• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

Did he elaborate further on this? We ran the football well against the Eagles and had 100 yards rushing against the Vikings. We can want to run the ball more all we want but if the defense knows our qb can't connect deep their job is that much easier. The problem still remains 

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah, it's definitely an adjustment to make. It allows us to change up personnel on the O-line, allows Chuba to do work (which he was doing yesterday) and takes the play-calling away from Brady a bit. And, most importantly, we might be able to once in a while actually succeed at a play action pass if we ran it a bit.

16 rushing plays yesterday. Mind blowing considering it was working and everything else was failing. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

The thing is, Chuba can't seemingly catch a cold, and the O-line play leaves a lot to be desired, as does Sam Darnold.

I don't mind emphasizing the running game--hell, that's what we were supposed to have been doing anyway--but you better know how to pass, catch and block as well, and I'm not sure we have the pieces necessary to pull it off. Honestly, we need balance. But, we're not going to have that if we keep putting ourselves in a hole.

Edited by top dawg

15 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I could be wrong but I am noticing a lot of teams are playing more man coverage against us. I really noticed this against the Eagles. They are more of a zone coverage team which is why teams were running all over them. I believe Vikings are more of a zone team as well and they have played more man coverage against us.

Are WRs have a problem beating man coverage and that's a huge problem. Maybe running to set up the pass can help alleviate this.

You are correct. Cowboys showed that man coverage plus base four rush beats us. No need to bring the house and give the qbs easy throws if the dline is able to do it on their own. 

For some reason, joe Brady wasn’t calling counter plays to this, like rub routes, double routes, pocket moving throws or seam routes up the middle. 

I believe Rhule noticed this yesterday and is exhausted of some The play calls that Brady is calling. Yesterday, I counted about 5-6 recycled plays from our previous games… very disappointed in lack of creativity and originality in our playbook.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You are correct. Cowboys showed that man coverage plus base four rush beats us. No need to bring the house and give the qbs easy throws if the dline is able to do it on their own. 

For some reason, joe Brady wasn’t calling counter plays to this, like rub routes, double routes, pocket moving throws or seam routes up the middle. 

I believe Rhule noticed this yesterday and is exhausted of some The play calls that Brady is calling. Yesterday, I counted about 5-6 recycled plays from our previous games… very disappointed in lack of creativity and originality in our playbook.

It often feels like Brady has bought into the boy genius crap too much...

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why did they abandon the run on the last drive of the second quarter? Almost in field goal range to take the lead and we get 3 pass plays, a timeout and a delay of game. That's 100% on coaching. 

• Pie 1