• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

Ruhle is a dead man walking. Time to go in to his bag of tricks and try and find anything that can help him keep his job. 

after we lose to the NYG next week, I expect the “vote of confidence” and “full support” from Tepper and Fitterer followed by blurbs on PFT and ESPN that Ruhle’s job is in jeopardy. 

Just now, 4Corners said:

Ruhle is a dead man walking. Time to go in to his bag of tricks and try and find anything that can help him keep his job. 

after we lose to the NYG next week, I expect the “vote of confidence” and “full support” from Tepper and Fitterer followed by blurbs on PFT and ESPN that Ruhle’s job is in jeopardy. 

I just can't picture us losing to the Giants. If we do, you are right, he's a dead man walking. It means he will have lost the team.

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I just can't picture us losing to the Giants. If we do, you are right, he's a dead man walking. It means he will have lost the team.

I personally think a healthy Giants team is better than the Philly team we lost to. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I mean the panthers have a better team than the Giants. Giants are even more banged up than we are and their coach certainly looks like he may be dumber than Coach Drool. With Barkley out they don’t have anyone on offense to be worried about and their defense blows. 

with that being said, panthers lose this 24-17 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Rhule has never impressed me.  His college resume IMO was never as strong as it was pimped.   He won one conference title.  That’s his resume.  Vs the field of other college to pro coaches that is weak. 

and at least to me, he doesn’t inspire confidence when he talks.   He speed talks a word salad of bullshit.  Always seem jittery and unsure. 

goes back to the preseason where he essentially bragged about letting other coaches set everything up and dictate what they wanted to get out of practice.   

Rhule is less impressive than Rivera or Fox to me.  And that’s not high praise of Rivera and Fox. 

I was meh on the Rhule hire when it was made. It also made me wonder how be became such a hot name that offseason. Rhule is a coach that has never been the HC of a major college nor did he have a lot of NFL experience. And he wasn't one of the young offensive minds all the teams were clamoring for.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm somewhere in the middle...  I didnt want him at all as our coach, mainly because I was not impressed by the college program building rah-rah type stuff, and as you said, he never really won anything meaningful.  I wasn't impressed.  But then when we hired him and the reports about wanting to be heavy on analytics, science, player health/recovery, and his watching his opening presser, I felt like he was super charismatic and could be the perfect man for the job.  Well, I have serious doubts about all of that, and I'm starting to feel like gets a used car salesman and I just got sold a lemon.

They probably should have made a run at Lincoln Riley.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

That's something we all had to know was going to be a thing. The coaching staff has a learning curve to navigate, as well. All while during a complete rebuild.

This is true. Perhaps he should have gotten a more proven NFL OC or DC to help navigate that curve or at least an advisor.

• Beer 1