• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I did see that. And then for the last two off seasons we have done nothing to address our QB or OL situation. We signed a WR to a terrible contract and all those resources that went into defense are translating to losing.  So “rebuilding” is a scapegoat word for losing.  

I can see how you might feel that way but this roster is tremendously more talented and deep than it was at the beginning of this process. The QB and OL situation has been grossly mismanaged but the almost all of the rest of the roster has been improved dramatically. 

I have no qualms with the roster building outside QB/OL. If we fix that, this may very well be a good team.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no qualms with the roster building outside QB/OL. If we fix that, this may very well be a good team.

All in all the roster is looking good. The bad spots are just super bad and make the whole house fall down. You see Paradis in the 20s again on grades...like bro that's barely existing.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

All in all the roster is looking good. The bad spots are just super bad and make the whole house fall down. You see Paradis in the 20s again on grades...like bro that's barely existing.

I’m pretty sure an actual speed bump would grade at least in the 30s. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Moose Hoover said:

No punting, no kicking. Run it all 4 downs, go for 2 every time. Run blocking is much easier than pass blocking. Makes sense. Cuz they can't pass block for shiz

This is what I’ve been thinking also. I was dumbstruck when they went away from the run yesterday while Chuba was getting 5 yards a carry.

If your offense is horrible at pass blocking, then they should be put in a position where they can attack the defense, instead of losing quickly when the QB drops back. This should help set up play action if they can pass out of the same formation that they use when running. When running more this may allow the defense to rest while the offense churns up the clock. They may not be a great zone blocking team, but it makes sense if they want to try and control the game. 

I don’t think that they should make this their offense after this year, but it may be the only option that works with the current Oline.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think CMC is the cure for our offensive ails. He is a big help but he can't throw the ball, block for himself nor call the plays. 

Not the point.

You can’t get worse at a position group and then decide to lean heavily on that weakened unit.  It’s crazy. 

5 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Not the point.

You can’t get worse at a position group and then decide to lean heavily on that weakened unit.  It’s crazy. 

True but one thing we can't continue to do is rely on them to do what they do worst...pass block. Especially when you have a bottom tier decision maker at QB.

I am completely okay going with a revamped, run heavy offense. fug it, at least it is trying something different.

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

True but one thing we can't continue to do is rely on them to do what they do worst...pass block. Especially when you have a bottom tier decision maker at QB.

I am completely okay going with a revamped, run heavy offense. fug it, at least it is trying something different.

I totally get the line is terribad.

Run blocking is easier but it’s still the same group blocking for a rookie that’s about to get 30 touches.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Why announce this?

This is another thing that I wish he would not do. Just do it and don’t explain it to the fans. Actually, he doesn’t owe the fans any explanation at all. As a fan I am glad that he does, but he is setting himself up for a follow up explanation of what he says that the team is going to do doesn’t work. Some times the honesty just adds more pressure. This is one of the reasons that Fox and Rivera didn’t say sh!t and always uttered the same clichés in “It is what it is” , “Missed opportunities” and “The other team gets paid to make plays too”.

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I totally get the line is terribad.

Run blocking is easier but it’s still the same group blocking for a rookie that’s about to get 30 touches.

Yeah, but we gotta do something. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We can't pass block for poo, our QB can't make decisions worth a fug and our WR's seem to have just given up in the last game.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, but we gotta do something. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We can't pass block for poo, our QB can't make decisions worth a fug and our WR's seem to have just given up in the last game.

I’m scared for the kid.  At what point do you say, it’s not safe to play?  Our line is that bad.  It’s not professional level.  It’s really going to get someone hurt. Not if but when.

• Pie 1