• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

True. The 3-0 start got peoples expectations up, most people thought this would be a .500 or a 9-8 or so team. 

Yes, 3 losses in a row just feels bad, but we will win some more this year and will improve on last year's record and everyone, including coaches, will have another year of experience to learn from. 

I and I think most other people thought that he would need 3 years. I think one more draft and another year of radical fitterer in the offseason and we will have our oline and much needed depth and might can become next year what we saw glimpses of earlier this year with dominating defense and DJ Moore looking like an allpro in the passing game.

Maybe even darnold can be better with an oline. He has to work on the downfeild accuracy... he's a gunslinger. A mistake every now and then is OK if you make some good downfeild throws in the process. Gotta buy him some time in the pocket.

Yeah and I am not against keeping a guy like Darnold around next season if we have better help. At least that might buy us time to get even better on the OL and then actually get an NFL caliber starting QB in here. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

I’m scared for the kid.  At what point do you say, it’s not safe to play?  Our line is that bad.  It’s not professional level.  It’s really going to get someone hurt. Not if but when.

It's still a contact sport. We can't shut down for the sake of a 5th round draft pick, even a promising one. Ideally we get CMC back and they can share the load together.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It's still a contact sport. We can't shut down for the sake of a 5th round draft pick, even a promising one. Ideally we get CMC back and they can share the load together.

I would never suggest it as I too believe in the physical contact nature of the sport. There just aren’t enough professional level players on the line.  It’s futile and frankly stupid to try to play this game without an offensive line.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

I would never suggest it as I too believe in the physical contact nature of the sport. There just aren’t enough professional level players on the line.  It’s futile and frankly stupid to try to play this game without an offensive line.

I mean, they definitely suck but we can't shut the season down. There just isn't a lot we can do about it now other than make do with that we have. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean, they definitely suck but we can't shut the season down. There just isn't a lot we can do about it now other than make do with that we have. 

They would never shut it down,  and they can’t fix it.  We’re looking at holding this turd barehanded for the next 11 weeks.

• Beer 1

I think that refocusing on the run actually is a good thing for this team. Crazy as it seems, they've actually done ok in terms of running the rock the last couple of weeks but we've abandoned it way too early in games when it wasn't necessary. Darnold should never have 41 pass attempts in a game and the play calling balance desperately needs to shift back towards 50-50. They should do more running with spread sets and be less predictable with formation to maximize this thought process if that's what they are thinking. 

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, but we gotta do something. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We can't pass block for poo, our QB can't make decisions worth a fug and our WR's seem to have just given up in the last game.

They can split up between the two healthy RB's...one is shifty the other more of a north south runner. Is a decent vet available to sign for this year at least?

What I have learned from these press conferences.

- Rhule are telling the opposing team what tweak to our game we will do

- Rhule expect them to play as they did previous weeks, then find out they made changes

It's like Rhule feel the need to tell the world he knows about football. Your the head coach of a NFL team. We got it. You know football.

He needs to learn to talk without saying anything. I wished he talked about missed opportunities. 

14 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I think the savings of having a teir 2 qb should be passed on to the oline. Get some good guys in free agency and spend picks 1 and 3 on oline and I think this team can do something. Make sure they are good runblockers and pick up a bruiser short yardage runningback tandem for chubba and use CMC in the passing game opposite of DJ Moore and the running game will give the defense plenty of rest and allow them to be more agressive.

Agreed. Spend the money on the OL and then position yourself in 2023 or 2024 to snag a top tier QB prospect.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

RB's are a dime a dozen, so we can do anything we want in that realm. 

Including paying two of them premium dollar!

Oh wait we done did that with DWill and Stew...like wtf Panther offices must be spiked with cocaine or something. What else JR was up to in there I wonder.

Edited by Fox007