• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

5 hours ago, SgtJoo said:

I'll believe it when I see it... 

Translation :

We no longer trust Sam to throw the football every Down so we figure we might as well run the ball more and give Sam manageable passing downs for either short yardage or Playaction or even a QB draw.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

In other words "we dont have much confidence in our QB or passing game in general to rely on it, so we gotta run to take the ball out his hands."

We will be getting another QB soon people.

yeah...I didn't read past the first post but you echoed what I stated almost exactly.

I was listening to Kyle Bailey this afternoon and he had Smitty on. Smitty said that he was in the owner’s suite with Tepper yesterday around the same time that they took that picture with him. Today during the interview he was saying nearly the exact same thing that Matt Rhule was saying today. He said that the span there should not be passing the ball as much and should run more than they are. This would help the defense and Sam Darnold at the same time. Me thinks that Matt Rhules awakening may have been influenced somewhat by Tepper and some of the conversations that were had during the game in that owners suite.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-kyle-bailey-show-podcast/playlists/podcast/embed?style=cover

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

In other words "we dont have much confidence in our QB or passing game in general to rely on it, so we gotta run to take the ball out his hands."

We will be getting another QB soon people.

Or we dont have much confidence in the offensive line to block for the qb, or we dont have much confidence in the OC calling plays to get our WRs open, or we dont have much confidence in our WRs to catch the ball, or maybe they just think they need to focus on the run game a little more which it seems like they barely use sometimes.  There are lots of ways that blame game could go. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Reminds me of another time when we revamped the offense to feature the run game. Led the league in points and had the best offense in the league. Of course our QB was a big part of that. Don't know that Darnold can do much of that.

I don't know, he ran pretty well yesterday when he had to.  I wouldn't sell him short on running the ball occasionally. 

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Reminds me of another time when we revamped the offense to feature the run game. Led the league in points and had the best offense in the league. Of course our QB was a big part of that. Don't know that Darnold can do much of that.

Bahahaha. Yeah I’ll have what he’s having if you think that’s even in the realm of possibilities