• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

11 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheCam said:

I have it on good authority Cam will be a Panther again soon, this week

Panthers are set at RBS, Chud has proven hes able and freeman is not an lacky.

Rhules words, HOLL LEE *** am I so done with him and his press comments. Proven Liar over over over over over over. Now with the losing, hes found his "missed opportunies" "it is what it is" go-to coach-speak diarrhea " team did something we have not practiced for......" Holy christ I hate that comment more than the others being Im living in the moment..... and its fuging said between alll the lies.... figure it out\

13 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....This is now a passing league .... and Rhule is gonna buck the trend and run behind a shtty line...jayz....

Well what else can they do? They certainly have proven they can't pass behind them.  

Bring back the Wildcat!

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....This is now a passing league .... and Rhule is gonna buck the trend and run behind a shtty line...jayz....

I could be wrong but I think that the idea will be to run to setup the pass. Apparently passing it 40 times a game ain’t working.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Reminds me of another time when we revamped the offense to feature the run game. Led the league in points and had the best offense in the league. Of course our QB was a big part of that. Don't know that Darnold can do much of that.

poo man I'd love some RPO and option game with Darnold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I don’t understand why a coach would announce any changes at all that may give opponents an edge. Imagine Bill Belichick telling the media about vast changes to his game plan. 

To be fair it's not much of a secret.  If we can see it the professionals certainly can.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think you are right. Maybe using more play action. 

I think that they are going to have no other choice. It may allow for a few successful deep passes if they can get the running game going and get the safeties to move down. Who knows, but the Panthers definitely need to balance it a bit more.

• Beer 1

They said they wanted to treat Darnold like a rookie. Our draft picks have predominantly been on the defense. Questions were raised about the O-line's ability to protect. I don't quite get hearing this now instead of the beginning of the season. 

As for the vastly different look, prove it on the field. Something different, even if it doesn't quite work, at least shows effort. 

• Pie 1