• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Disagree. When he gets around the edge he gets yards.

Acceleration/Burst (5.58/10)

"As mentioned before, Hubbard isn’t a fan of attacking the edge and getting outside the tackle box. The reason why is he lacks acceleration. Hubbard is a short stride runner and needs several steps to build up speed, especially when heading towards the edge. When running downhill, he tends to have more success building up speed, but still not enough to run away from faster defenders."

This was part of a scouting report on him and I agree with this evaluation. I've seen him get caught and dragged down trying to get around the edge, but we'll see this Sunday. I hope your right and he flies around the edge for big gains.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think Hubbard’s speed is fine.  I think his lower body needs more muscle.  I remember CMC struggling with first contact as a rookie.  He would go down pretty easily too in the backfield.  Came back year 2 bigger and could shake that first contact.  That’s seems to be Hubbard’s biggest weakness a runner right now.  He can’t get away from that first contact yet…and the OL just isn’t good enough to stop that from being a regular occurrence at or behind the line.  

That's a large part of it. The biggest issue is Brady is just ignoring the run game without CMC. They could run a lot of the same offense with Chubba but just aren't.  Brady's not setting any kind of rhythm for the offense that I can see nor is he trying to help keep Sam from reverting to ass when he can't figure out what he's supposed to do.

It's FUBAR.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's a large part of it. The biggest issue is Brady is just ignoring the run game without CMC. They could run a lot of the same offense with Chubba but just aren't.  Brady's not setting any kind of rhythm for the offense that I can see nor is he trying to help keep Sam from reverting to ass when he can't figure out what he's supposed to do.

It's FUBAR.

If they want hands Royce had an 80% catch rate over the last 3 years and he's 238 pounds so can probably get a couple yards after contact. That he only got 1 touch Sunday is mind blowing to me

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's FUBAR.

The play designs are really good his play calling is absolutely ass. To be honestly I will take a great play caller over a great play designer any day. You can run 10 plays but if it's done right it will be successful. You can run 90 plays and if it's done wrong it's worthless. If you paired Brady with Tom Brady he probably would be great or Drew Brees for that matter because both of those QBs would have audibles to change a bad play call. Darnald isn't ever going to be able to do that. He doesn't have the skill set to be a MVP QB. He's a Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Kurt Cousins type QB. At his best he's going to make some good throws and manage the game. 

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Here is a play of Chubba trying to get around the edge. I don't think I can show clips, but here are some pics.

All of his biggest runs were off tackle. I didn't realize he was that big, doesn't seem like it.

I think he ran like a 4.5 or something so he wasn't as fast as I thought in terms of the 40 but he doesn't look all that slow to me in game he just keeps tripping after he gets past the first level. He seems to be about to break one then the turf monster like "got em"

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Here is a play of Chubba trying to get around the edge. I don't think I can show clips, but here are some pics.

Chuba Hubbard _ Every Play _ Weeks 1-3 Full Highlights _ Fantasy Football Scouting - YouTube — Mozilla Firefox 10_18_2021 10_03_59 PM.png

Chuba Hubbard _ Every Play _ Weeks 1-3 Full Highlights _ Fantasy Football Scouting - YouTube — Mozilla Firefox 10_18_2021 10_04_14 PM.png

Chuba Hubbard _ Every Play _ Weeks 1-3 Full Highlights _ Fantasy Football Scouting - YouTube — Mozilla Firefox 10_18_2021 10_04_30 PM.png

The LB was 3 yards deep in the backfield already before he could get to the edge to make his cut, but use that one play to discount him if you like.  You see what you want to see.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's FUBAR.

They clearly got away from it Sunday. 

week prior Chubba had 24 carries though.  37 passes.  30 rushes.  Which seems like a good mix.  

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The play designs are really good his play calling is absolutely ass. To be honestly I will take a great play caller over a great play designer any day. You can run 10 plays but if it's done right it will be successful. You can run 90 plays and if it's done wrong it's worthless. If you paired Brady with Tom Brady he probably would be great or Drew Brees for that matter because both of those QBs would have audibles to change a bad play call. Darnald isn't ever going to be able to do that. He doesn't have the skill set to be a MVP QB. He's a Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Kurt Cousins type QB. At his best he's going to make some good throws and manage the game. 

I'm still not convinced his a genius play designer but I still have hope. I'm also not convinced Sam is a lost cause just yet.  But that's another story for another day.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If they want hands Royce had an 80% catch rate over the last 3 years and he's 238 pounds so can probably get a couple yards after contact. That he only got 1 touch Sunday is mind blowing to me

Still think we should of kept Smith.  He was good as a pass catcher vs Dallas.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's usually what it looks like when your tackle gets beat, CMC has been tackled like that dozens of times

CMC also will shake off the initial arm tackle and keep it moving.   Chubba can’t pull that off yet.   

got to have more ran speed in the NFL. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

CMC also will shake off the initial arm tackle and keep it moving.   Chubba can’t pull that off yet.   

got to have more ran speed in the NFL. 

His stiff arm game might have potential. Had one really good one, one decent one, then failed on the 3rd.

• Beer 2