• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You guys are blind.

Did he not rally them and put them on his back in the last 2 minutes?

Nope.  The excuse is that their best defender was out and they played Prevent.

Seems that whenever Sam makes a comeback, it's only because the opposing "D" did something wrong and not anything Sam did right.  🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Again was Darnold not supposed to try and complete the pass?

Gronk catches that.

Steve Smith catches that.

A hospital ball is high over the middle where you have to stretch out not chest high.

The defender should've been ejected for that hit. I would rather he be okay and not heading to the hospital like the Seahawks player last night. You're taking the defend my qb stance to an extreme here.

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Again was Darnold not supposed to try and complete the pass?

Gronk catches that.

Steve Smith catches that.

A hospital ball is high over the middle where you have to stretch out not chest high.

Tom Brady has thoughts about the ball DJ threw to DJ to open up the game.   And it’s why we now have a flag happy NFL that doesn’t allow hitting anymore.  Because of throws like that. 

and that is a hospital ball.  They aren’t exclusively over the middle with hands extended up. It’s simply throwing a guy into being murdered by a defender and won’t be able to defend himself.   Which can be a slant.  

and yeah, you don’t throw your stud WR into being murdered in the first quarter. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I find it hilarious that we are pinning everything on him.

Two weeks in a row he made plays that could win the game. 

Robby dropped the game winner then a punt block last week.

Everyone dropped everything this week and the D just let them March right down the field.

Look I'm not saying he's the next Jake. 

But he could be the next Stevie B and that's not too terrible. 

The guy you should be the most pissed at is Burns. He has lost us at least one game this year.

Case in point for the people that want to blame everything on everyone else.

Darnold is as much the problem as his surrounding cast.

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

The defender should've been ejected for that hit. I would rather he be okay and not heading to the hospital like the Seahawks player last night. You're taking the defend my qb stance to an extreme here.

Lol so you want him to give up anytime a reciever is crossing into zone?

You want him to throw it away?

Maybe if we're up 21 points but in a close game his job is to fit it in and the recievers job to catch it.

He threaded a needle on that throw.

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Case in point for the people that want to blame everything on everyone else.

Darnold is as much the problem as his surrounding cast.

He's part of the problem but he's not the main problem and it's way too early to dump him.

He has talent. 

47 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tom Brady has thoughts about the ball DJ threw to DJ to open up the game.   And it’s why we now have a flag happy NFL that doesn’t allow hitting anymore.  Because of throws like that. 

and that is a hospital ball.  They aren’t exclusively over the middle with hands extended up. It’s simply throwing a guy into being murdered by a defender and won’t be able to defend himself.   Which can be a slant.  

and yeah, you don’t throw your stud WR into being murdered in the first quarter. 

So throw it away and punt?

That's what you want?

Might as well run a John Fox draw play then.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

you are projecting that all catchable balls are caught though.  That doesn’t happen in the NFL.  

If only 60% are catchable, a NFL QB is just just going to have a percentage of those caught.  it’s basically a guarantee that he will have a low completion percentage.

Again the premise is that we had guys drop 8 catchable balls meaning they hit them in the hands and should have been caught. So if our guys had caught the balls that weren't contested or thrown behind them but right to them in the open field then he would have gone 25 out of 41.  That ignores I saw several more that could or should have been caught. Especially if DJ and Robbie make the catches we have seen them make repeatedly.  Catchable doesn't include those where defenders made plays or the receiver had to make a tough catch. Receivers can either make a QB look better than he is or much worse. Yesterday they did him no favors. Darnold didn't play well but neither did the whole offense. I actually think Darnolds last drive may reap benefits beyond temporarily staving off the loss.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

So throw it away and punt?

That's what you want?

Might as well run a John Fox draw play then.

It’s not a one man route. 

and yeah, good QBs often play for another down or even series vs risking the safety of their guys early in a game or forcing a throw that isn’t there.  

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Again the premise is that we had guys drop 8 catchable balls meaning they hit them in the hands and should have been caught. So if our guys had caught the balls that weren't contested or thrown behind them but right to them in the open field then he would have gone 25 out of 41.  That ignores I saw several more that could or should have been caught. Especially if DJ and Robbie make the catches we have seen them make repeatedly.  Catchable doesn't include those where defenders made plays or the receiver had to make a tough catch. Receivers can either make a QB look better than he is or much worse. Yesterday they did him no favors. Darnold didn't play well but neither did the whole offense. I actually think Darnolds last drive may reap benefits beyond temporarily staving off the loss.

so what is a 50/50 ball?  Catchable or uncatchable? 

my understanding was it is deemed a catchable ball.  Who wins wouldn’t determine if the ball is catchable would it?

I mean the WRs didn’t have good day.  No doubt.  They didn’t do him any favors.  They need to make some of those.  I just don’t think Sam had a  very good day either despite that.      

and specifically Robby.  I can cut DJ a little slack given how well he has played on the year and the load he is carrying in the pass game. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s not a one man route. 

and yeah, good QBs often play for another down or even series vs risking the safety of their guys early in a game or forcing a throw that isn’t there.  

It was 3rd and 15. Only one option gets the first.

We have seen other receivers convert there. 

We have seen Steve Smith truck guys and get the 1st and or score.

So if he gives up there you would be good with that?

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It was 3rd and 15. Only one option gets the first.

We have seen other receivers convert there. 

We have seen Steve Smith truck guys and get the 1st and or score.

So if he gives up there you would be good with that?

Seen 89 get his arm broken thrown into a defender like that too.  But at least that was late in the game for a TD.  

did you see the clip of Brady talking about QBs throwing guys into hits?   I mean, you think the GOAT is just soft? His entire argument is he wants people to be allowed to hit again but too many QBs put WRs at risk and throw them into hits.  Tom Brady literally blames bad QB play for why the league has gotten soft on hits and flags everything.  League is forced to protect guys because of bad QB play.  I think the GOAT has a point.    

His argument is the the league should just let teams who throw there guys into big hits deal with the consequences. 

• Beer 1