• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

Just now, glenwo2 said:

I don't believe you are blind either.

I do think you have your mind made up on things and that's okay.

I'm not here to convince you I am right nor should you try to convince me that you're right.

It's called having our own opinions on things and believing they're the correct ones.

Besides, it gives us something to do before watching more of the Carnage next Sunday.    LOL!

and I’ll defend DJ Moore pretty quick.   He is now my favorite player on O.  It is what it is. 

But yeah, it’s no secret I had issues coming in this season about Rhule, Sam being THE plan and paying Robby.   And that all factors in how I watch a game.  So I don’t pretend then I am unbiased when they come up…especially when the chips are down. 

7 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Im not saying Sam is perfect or even really good right now, but when you watch Jefferson and Thielen fight for receptions... It really made me miss Smitty.

We need more consistency out of Sam, the receivers, and Brady.

Ironically both the guys we drafted this year are known to fight for receptions. They just don't get alot of chances. TMJ and Shi. 

TMJ is open alot. But either Darnold doesnt have enough time to go through his progessions or he isn't looking his way. 

I do know BAD things happen whenever we force feed Robby. I might be wrong but I think that's when the interceptions actually started. I wouldnt b suprised if every Darnold to Anderson complete connection that was substantial came while Sam was running for his life or when CMC was pass protecting. 

Coaching staff is making it a priority for Sam to get it out quick. Thus...he gets the line, snap, holds it 2 seconds then throws it to DJ. Robby is the vertical threat but what's the point if the line can't hold long enough for him to get top speed. 

For as garbage as Brady can be he does has glimpses of genius ...i.e that 2 point conversion. We could have had Madden calling plays but It wouldn't have mattered if our wr's cant execute. Consistency across the board is indeed a necessity. I really hope every WR we have spend the majority of this week on the Juggs

Two 1k receivers but our clutches plays have been made by Ian and Zylstra. 

The blueprint to shut down our offense: Run stunts with the front four, implement delayed blitzes and just tell the corners to squat on everything underneath. We won't adjust. 

Blueprint for beating our defense: Limit pressure up the middle. Push our ends out the play..hold 'em since it won't get flagged. Run toward Burns on perceived passing downs and most importantly just do something they haven't seen on our tape this year. We won't adjust. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Ironically both the guys we drafted this year are known to fight for receptions. They just don't get alot of chances. TMJ and Shi. 

TMJ is open alot. But either Darnold doesnt have enough time to go through his progessions or he isn't looking his way. 

I do know BAD things happen whenever we force feed Robby. I might be wrong but I think that's when the interceptions actually started. I wouldnt b suprised if every Darnold to Anderson complete connection that was substantial came while Sam was running for his life or when CMC was pass protecting. 

Coaching staff is making it a priority for Sam to get it out quick. Thus...he gets the line, snap, holds it 2 seconds then throws it to DJ. Robby is the vertical threat but what's the point if the line can't hold long enough for him to get top speed. 

For as garbage as Brady can be he does has glimpses of genius ...i.e that 2 point conversion. We could have had Madden calling plays but It wouldn't have mattered if our wr's cant execute. Consistency across the board is indeed a necessity. I really hope every WR we have spend the majority of this week on the Juggs

Two 1k receivers but our clutches plays have been made by Ian and Zylstra. 

The blueprint to shut down our offense: Run stunts with the front four, implement delayed blitzes and just tell the corners to squat on everything underneath. We won't adjust. 

Blueprint for beating our defense: Limit pressure up the middle. Push our ends out the play..hold 'em since it won't get flagged. Run toward Burns on perceived passing downs and most importantly just do something they haven't seen on our tape this year. We won't adjust. 

Nailed it. Great post.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Darnold rallied the team from being down two scores... That's after the D gave up 16 points... Including after what should have been a momentum swinging special teams play... 

As to the fumble that luckily led to no points... The fumble was on the OL.  Darnold certainly has many failings and his first int was on him, but not all fumbles are on QBs.

Darnold wasn't good but boy did he have a ton of help this week in that loss. If our D gets one more stop... 

I’m not saying everyone else played good. Getting blame comes with the QB position. If Sam gets excellent blocking and his WRs make crazy catches that lead to a game winning drive people will talk about how great he was. QBs in today’s game call out adjustments and get their players heads in the game when it’s needed. I’m saying he didn’t play well, Rhule said he needs to play better, hell I’m sure Sam will say he didn’t play good. My thing is if he needs everything to be perfect to have a good game, maybe he isn’t our franchise QB. Most QBs can play good when everyone around them is, the great ones can elevate their team when things aren’t going well.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know what is up with Robby but something clearly is. 

Yesterday wasn't a great example, as the drops were EVERYWHERE. It was crazy. Like someone put a hex on the ball.

I will be curious to see if that was just a bad game by the team or if there is something else going on.

Sam Darnald has always had a high drop rate. Why? I'm not really sure but I really think it's probably pressure. I'm not sure we did ourselves any favors bring in a guy who melted when paired with a bad line and giving him the exact same thing. We might would have been better with Fields IMO. But I'm not Rhule or the GM. 

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Some of you are weirdly defensive of Sam.

Name more than 5 QBs who could constantly produce at a high level in this offense as it is currently constructed without CMC. Serious answers only.

Its not even about Darnold at this point. We do not have a top 5 QB and we are unlikely to have one anytime soon. 

Other issues need to be fixed before we hop back on the QB carousel, none of the guys that are going to be available to us are going to fare any better than Sam unless things change. 

Edited by PootieNunu

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Name more than 5 QBs who could constantly produce at a high level in this offense as it is currently constructed without CMC. Serious answers only.

Josh Allen, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, and Dak Prescott.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Josh Allen, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, and Dak Prescott.

So all of these guys produce at a high level consistently in this offense. Pat poo the bed in the super bowl because of constant pressure but he will thrive here behind the worst OL in the league. I say maybe Allen, Jackson, Murray, and Rodgers. Im not sure any of them are consistently great with instant pressure from the interior OL, we seen Brady lose 2 super bowls because of that. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

So all of these guys produce at a high level consistently in this offense. Pat poo the bed in the super bowl because of constant pressure but he will thrive here behind the worst OL in the league. I say maybe Allen, Jackson, Murray, and Rodgers. Im not sure any of them are consistently great with instant pressure from the interior OL, we seen Brady lose 2 super bowls because of that. 

Most posters here don't watch NFL football and man just tattled on himself with that nonsense lol. No QB plays well with consistent interior pressure or any constant pressure for that matter. Bills OL just did Allen in and they lost...so literally right now he got proven wrong hahaha can't make this poo up.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Pat played bad in the Super Bowl with a bad line, but he still made it there. Herbert had one of the worst lines in the league least year and played fine. I’m not saying they will win a Super Bowl behind our line, but they wouldn’t blow that Eagles game and would probably take care of business against that Vikings team with a blocked punt TD at home. 

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Most posters here don't watch NFL football and man just tattled on himself with that nonsense lol. No QB plays well with consistent interior pressure or any constant pressure for that matter. Bills OL just did Allen in and they lost...so literally right now he got proven wrong hahaha can't make this poo up.

They just think oh god bad game we need a new QB. No QB is doing poo in this offense as it is currently constructed and with the way the plays are being called. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Pat played bad in the Super Bowl with a bad line, but he still made it there. Herbert had one of the worst lines in the league least year and played fine. I’m not saying they will win a Super Bowl behind our line, but they wouldn’t blow that Eagles game and would probably take care of business against that Vikings team with a blocked punt TD at home. 

He made it there with an OL, his guys got hurt right before the super bowl, if they get hurt before the playoffs start they dont make the super bowl, its that simple. You are not winning many games in this league with this OL.

We do not have the ammunition to trade for any of these so called franchise saviors anyway. A rookie QB will be ruined playing with this OL.