• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

after a preseason that was "not ideal,"  Wed. October 20 starts the season with the Indianna Pacers visiting.  Game is at 7 pm.  We are healthier now and the Pacers will be a good measuring stick.  We were battling with them for the final playoff spots last year.

Let's hope for a victory to start the season, and see some chemistry established.  As much as we had last year, it never showed up in preseason.  Really want to get back to watching Melo work his magic and the team playing fun basketball. 

• Pie 1

Looks like no Rozier tonight.

The starting five is:

PG- LaMelo Ball

SG- Gordon Hayward

SF- Kelly Oubre

PF- Miles Bridges

C- Mason Plumlee

I’d expect Ish Smith, Cody Martin, Jalen McDaniels, P.J. Washington, and possibly Nick Richards to get some run tonight. I assume James Bouknight will get a little run as well.

I’m not expecting to see Vernon Carey, Kai Jones, or JT Thor and obviously Scottie Lewis and Arnoldas Kulboka are two-way players.

• Pie 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like no Rozier tonight.

The starting five is:

PG- LaMelo Ball

SG- Gordon Hayward

SF- Kelly Oubre

PF- Miles Bridges

C- Mason Plumlee

I’d expect Ish Smith, Cody Martin, Jalen McDaniels, P.J. Washington, and possibly Nick Richards to get some run tonight. I assume James Bouknight will get a little run as well.

I’m not expecting to see Vernon Carey, Kai Jones, or JT Thor and obviously Scottie Lewis and Arnoldas Kulboka are two-way players.

No! Not Richards.Anxiety No GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No! Not Richards.Anxiety No GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

He seemed to be first off the bench to spell Mason in preseason and I’ve watched a few press conferences where they keep talking him up for some odd reason.

I don’t think we’ll see much of him because I expect us to go small with P.J. before putting in Richards but I still think there’s a possibility he gets in the game.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He seemed to be first off the bench to spell Mason in preseason and I’ve watched a few press conferences where they keep talking him up for some odd reason.

I don’t think we’ll see much of him because I expect us to go small with P.J. before putting in Richards but I still think there’s a possibility he gets in the game.

I wouldn't doubt he gets some burn. Richards seems to have taken the place of the Martin twin that is in Miami now. JB just loves to play guys that he shouldn't for some reason.