• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When does tank season start?

Sir Purr

I know how much some of you guys love pulling for losses to get dRaFt PiCkS!  When does Huddle tank season officially start? I'm new at this and want to be prepared, I may even buy jerseys of the opposing teams so I can really get into the spirit this year. Thanks in advance!

Your pal,

Sir Purr

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 7

2 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I know how much some of you guys love pulling for losses to get dRaFt PiCkS!  When does Huddle tank season officially start? I'm new at this and want to be prepared, I may even buy jerseys of the opposing teams so I can really get into the spirit this year. Thanks in advance!

Your pal,

Sir Purr

We have 1 pick in rounds 1-3.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

tanking is done by a front office in the offseason. 

players don't tank.  They want jobs.   Their film matters even on a losing team. 

And money with escalators and stuff like that. I mean no one takes the field wanting to NOT make plays, even the most selfish players are trying to make plays for themselves if nothing else. 

Usually the tanking talk starts in earnest when we are in a top 10 draft pick position in the second half of the season. 

We are sitting at 15th at the moment so I don't think we will see that sort of jumping off the cliff for a few weeks. 

Also, this is a trash QB draft so I don't think there will be as many "tankers" as before.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1