• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the CMC experiment over?

Snake

14 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Look up our yardage from the game, cross reference with CMC’s yardage. Account for the fact everyone puts a “spy”(mandatory shadow) on CMC, taking their defensive numbers in strategy down to 10. Look at the tape when he’s blocking for the past 3 or so years. 

I’ll give you a hint. Vs. the Jets we had 381 offensive yards, CMC accounted for 187 of them. 

When your running back has half your yardage totals, its usually not a good thing.  Against the Eagles, we had about 280 yards.  Hubbard accounted for 134 of them.  Not criticizing CMC or complimenting Hubbard, but I am not so sure CMC makes much of a difference.  Our offense was not good against the Jets.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

When your running back has half your yardage totals, its usually not a good thing.  Against the Eagles, we had about 280 yards.  Hubbard accounted for 134 of them.  Not criticizing CMC or complimenting Hubbard, but I am not so sure CMC makes much of a difference.  Our offense was not good against the Jets.  

To be fair they CMC had 53 more yards on 1 more touch and he has a spy all the time so he opens it up for our WR . So that is a big difference

We have had to learn to adjust. And the fact is, we shouldn't be using CMC as a crutch anyway. After this experience with him playing so little, and getting hurt (possibly from overuse), I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't overpay RBs because the nature of the position lends itself to injuries. 

We probably won't trade him, but we probably should. And I love CMC, but the truth is his situation is not good for a team that's rebuilding and trying to establish an offensive identity (beginning with the need for a franchise QB). He masks a multitude of sins, and we need a QB, not an RB, who is the face of the franchise.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

How many games has he played in the last two seasons? Now that's a stat I can really sink my teeth into. 

Yeah, well... WHEN and if he's in there that's the only time this team seems to have a legitimate chance to win. That's the "meat" of it, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Look up our yardage from the game, cross reference with CMC’s yardage. Account for the fact everyone puts a “spy”(mandatory shadow) on CMC, taking their defensive numbers in strategy down to 10. Look at the tape when he’s blocking for the past 3 or so years. 

I’ll give you a hint. Vs. the Jets we had 381 offensive yards, CMC accounted for 187 of them. 

I meant the fact you said everyone is going to try to injure him or you just in the..

kazoo kid wow the land of make believe GIF by Dark Igloo

• Flames 1