• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the CMC experiment over?

Snake

52 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My point is though that we are depending on the backs too much.  

I hear you.I just think they let the line go to poo so we don’t have much choice but it works for the Titans who just beat who I thought was the best team in the league

8 minutes ago, TDGone said:

I hear you.I just think they let the line go to poo so we don’t have much choice but it works for the Titans who just beat who I thought was the best team in the league

The Titans oline, while one of the worst pass blocking groups in the league are one of the best run blocking groups in the league, they’re literally built for a HB like Henry. Basically maulers who can’t handle speed like at all.  I don’t follow the Titans to know if this was intentional but hard to believe it’s coincidental. 

The Panthers have neither.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ClawOn said:

We need CMC to win. The Bucs need Tom Brady to win. The Chiefs need Patrick Mahomes to win...

What's your point?

Titans without Henry.  Chiefs without Hill. Seahawks without Wilson or Carter.  Cowboys without Dan.  Teams don't do so hot without 🌟.  Common knowledge.  We tied our wagon to a star that sadly has had some bad luck recently with injuries.  This is not uncommon.  

Edited by mickeye76
Auto correct
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The Titans oline, while one of the worst pass blocking groups in the league are one of the best run blocking groups in the league, they’re literally built for a HB like Henry. Basically maulers who can’t handle speed like at all.  I don’t follow the Titans to know if this was intentional but hard to believe it’s coincidental. 

Titans oline can't pass protect for diddly.  Tannihill is is sacked often, but they are bulldozers when Henrys number is called.  It's intentional.  We need to build a oline that can do what we want our offense to do.  Trying to build any kind of oline would be a start.  Example oline.  LT- I like Abraham Lucas LG- My choice Wyatt Teller OC- Tyler Linderbaum RG-  Christenson  RT-  Moton 

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I know Moton would be the only lineman on our team who might start for the Titans . That’s what I was saying our only chance at winning with the way the offense is set up is for CMC not some other backs on the roster to be on the field and he would need to touch it at least 25 times catching it or running the ball

Edited by TDGone

A wide zone with some power aspects oline with athletic guys who can move in space is what I hope we can become. We actually were trying to do that before.  Elflin, Erving, BC and Paradis all fit what we want to do problem is they are not the guys at this point of their career.  

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

We have had to learn to adjust. And the fact is, we shouldn't be using CMC as a crutch anyway. After this experience with him playing so little, and getting hurt (possibly from overuse), I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't overpay RBs because the nature of the position lends itself to injuries. 

We probably won't trade him, but we probably should. And I love CMC, but the truth is his situation is not good for a team that's rebuilding and trying to establish an offensive identity (beginning with the need for a franchise QB). He masks a multitude of sins, and we need a QB, not an RB, who is the face of the franchise.

This data was available from just about every other instance of a top paid RB in the past 15 years. On average their career length is quite short because of the beating they take. Even elite RB's typically have a relatively short span of high level production before injuries start setting in or they just generally break down. 

That ship has pretty much sailed now. We'll have CMC and really at this point need CMC enough for at least a couple of more years. We just have to hope he can give us some longer streaks of being healthy eventually. I know this switch to a 17 game season isn't doing him or us any favors.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

A wide zone with some power aspects oline with athletic guys who can move in space is what I hope we can become. We actually were trying to do that before.  Elflin, Erving, BC and Paradis all fit what we want to do problem is they are not the guys at this point of their career.  

Elflein, Erving and Paradis are unlikely to ever be those guys in their career. Elflein will be 28 next season and is largely likely to be who he is after 5 years in the NFL. Erving is a similar story at 29 in 2022. Paradis is basically close to the end of his career at 33 next season. 

The issue is that they all suck at most aspects of their job. That's why a combined 6 teams have let them go elsewhere in their careers. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1