• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

JAMES FRANKLIN & Penn State

4Corners

20 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Can we give the guy the 3 years that he has preached his plan will be since he got here before tossing him out. Man if some of y'all had way we would be the browns of the last 2 decades, going through coaches and gms every year for 15 years.

Agreed while Rhule has made mistakes the roster just isn’t complete. Anyone expecting us to rebuild and be  5-1 in year 2 hasn’t given Rhule his fair shot. Our team roster just isn’t deep either. Arguably 3 of our most valuable players are injured in CMC,Shaw and Horn. We are 6 games into a 17 game season.  Read some of the posts and you would think we are 3- 12. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I think it would be a hard conversation to have but I think on his contract the end of year 3, going into year 4 was going to be when we would see if he is legit on the hot seat or not. Enough time to learn the NFL, age the roster, build the roster, fix cap issues and we should be a threat for the playoffs every year forward. If we aren't doing that by the end of year 4 it would be a time where if Tepper wanted to pay him out to go away it wouldn't look *too* stupid. 

I’m not advocating for him to leave, I could just see a Saban like exit. 

Really it depends on what the owners expectations are regardless of record. If they were pounding their chest in meetings all offseason and then deliver 7 wins, Tepper may start feeling like the rebuild isn’t going in the right direction. “Is this going to be the story next year” so to speak. And let’s not forget, Tepper isn’t know for being rational.

The key indicator will be Rhule taking duties away from Brady or letting Blackburn go. That will be an indicator that Tepper is living in his colon.

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Really it depends on what the owners expectations are regardless of record. If they were pounding their chest in meetings all offseason and then deliver 7 wins, Tepper may start feeling like the rebuild isn’t going in the right direction. “Is this going to be the story next year” so to speak. And let’s not forget, Tepper isn’t know for being rational.

The key indicator will be Rhule taking duties away from Brady or letting Blackburn go. That will be an indicator that Tepper is living in his colon.

Sure but the year before we won 5 games. If we win 7 its a +2. I am not Tepper but I am trying to temper my expectations. I want to win consistently. I don't want to do these odd year spikes and win 12 and then follow that with three losing seasons. I want sustained success. If we can increase our win total by 2 this year and 2 the following year it means we are likely right in playoff contention by year 4. That would be nice. And if we let Fitt fix our cap and keep hitting on these draft picks and trades we could finally have back to back winning seasons for once and be in multiple playoff hunts. That is what I want. 

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think it would be a hard conversation to have but I think on his contract the end of year 3, going into year 4 was going to be when we would see if he is legit on the hot seat or not. Enough time to learn the NFL, age the roster, build the roster, fix cap issues and we should be a threat for the playoffs every year forward. If we aren't doing that by the end of year 4 it would be a time where if Tepper wanted to pay him out to go away it wouldn't look *too* stupid. 

Fair enough and thinking outside of the box was the reason I created this thread about Penn State. You never know, if and when that PSU job opens up it might be able to give Tepper & the panthers a mutual out with Ruhle if he wants to get out and save a little face. 

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Saban said he wanted Brees on the Dolphins and management passed. He also doesn’t have to worry about grown men calling him “Nick” and not running sprints because it’s in their contract with college players. Saban could run for Governor of Alabama and I wouldn’t bet against him. 

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fair enough and thinking outside of the box was the reason I created this thread about Penn State. You never know, if and when that PSU job opens up it might be able to give Tepper & the panthers a mutual out with Ruhle if he wants to get out and save a little face. 

That's a good point from the money standpoint. Instead of getting fired they could agree to go different ways and they wouldn't have to pay him firing money while he works at PSU. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

That's a good point from the money standpoint. Instead of getting fired they could agree to go different ways and they wouldn't have to pay him firing money while he works at PSU. 

Right. I should have put that in my first post. Might be a mutual way to part ways and nobody gets their feelings hurt. 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Right. I should have put that in my first post. Might be a mutual way to part ways and nobody gets their feelings hurt. 

Yeah that and I don't think Tepper is the type who would want to pay Rhule his money to go coach elsewhere and then also pay another head coach head coaching money at the same time to coach the Panthers. Or is this not how Coach contracts work? I have only ever really looked at it from a players standpoint. 

• 4 weeks later...

Franklin just re-upped with Penn State 10 year deal. 

so this is obviously a big swing and miss for those of us that thought a Penn State opening could get Ruhle outta here. 

so Penn State vs Michigan State on Saturday - combined 200 million for the two coaches? Yowza 

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Franklin just re-upped with Penn State 10 year deal. 

so this is obviously a big swing and miss for those of us that thought a Penn State opening could get Ruhle outta here. 

so Penn State vs Michigan State on Saturday - combined 200 million for the two coaches? Yowza 

They're panicking with all the job opening coming up. 

If you're not an elite program with a 9 figure budget, you might just wanna hold tight and suck it up for another year because this year's college coaching carousel is gonna be straight up fuging stupid.