• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

7 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Seriously, if you’re not sure, why start a thread? PFF shows 8 drops, as in a catchable pass not caught by the receiver. Yes Sam missed some opportunities also, but these were not fingertip drops, so there’s plenty of blame to share for the suckage(OC included).

And I don't think PFF counted the drops correctly as there was at least 10 drops....

Also, the "fingertips" nonsense is just him grasping at straws trying to continue his "All Sam's Fault, not anyone else's" narrative.   Nothing to see here in this self-serving thread.

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Supbro said:

So instead of 3rd and 3 you have 3rd and 10 that doesn't impact play calling or how a defense plays you? Those things also kill a drive you do understand that? But we get it you don't like Darnold so whatever fits your narrative.

Except I said drive killers, go ahead and find me the drops that killed drives. The last 4 were came in the last drive which we scored, so it didn’t kill them

38 minutes ago, Supbro said:

Oh and here's the link for Steve Smith on the radio. Funny again how you completely misinterpret what he's said to fit your narrative. If anything he's laying blame on the play calling and how they think they can out scheme the defense when they should be doing what a lot of us have been saying which is to run the ball more.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-kyle-bailey-show-podcast/the-clubhouse-steve-smith-37

Quote me where I misinterpreted what Smith said, go ahead.

I said Simms blamed Brady and Darnold, not anything about Smith

20 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Seriously, if you’re not sure, why start a thread? PFF shows 8 drops, as in a catchable pass not caught by the receiver. Yes Sam missed some opportunities also, but these were not fingertip drops, so there’s plenty of blame to share for the suckage(OC included).

You know what PFF official podcast said about Sam after the 3-0 start??? Lol

Basically mocking the people for it thinking Darnold has changed and that we should look for a new QB the end if the season.

So if you wanna keep using them as source you better use everything 

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

You know what PFF official podcast said about Sam after the 3-0 start??? Lol

Basically mocking the people for it thinking Darnold has changed and that we should look for a new QB the end if the season.

So if you wanna keep using them as source you better use everything 

Or I could use my eyes or the commentary during the game. Do you actually watch these games? 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The offense wasn't so predictable last year with a different QB. I honestly do think it's largely a QB issue.

I believe you mean clearly. 

The issues aren't all Darnold's fault, to be sure, but he is clearly a big part of the problem with our offense. Hard to blame his career high TO's/game numbers on everyone else.

• Beer 1

I mean both Robby and DJ are some what proven players. Marshall and Shi where great at making tough catches in college. Something was off for there to be that many drops from different players. Maybe it was the plays, maybe it was the throws but I’m going with a little of both. I think Rhule is just getting a heavy dose of realizing he isn’t one of the smartest coaches in this league (at least not yet). Darnold was acquired for cheap assets for a reason. There was a huge (and probable) risk. This is why it was dumb to not have some sort of backup and go all in on him. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean both Robby and DJ are some what proven players. Marshall and Shi where great at making tough catches in college. Something was off for there to be that many drops from different players. Maybe it was the plays, maybe it was the throws but I’m going with a little of both. I think Rhule is just getting a heavy dose of realizing he isn’t one of the smartest coaches in this league (at least not yet). Darnold was acquired for cheap assets for a reason. There was a huge (and probable) risk. This is why it was dumb to not have some sort of backup and go all in on him. 

I think it's a bit of everything. Darnold isn't good. The OL isn't good. Brady is struggling to adapt to having a poor QB and a poor OC. The receivers are probably getting frustrated with the situation and that's leading to them playing poorly. The entire offense is a poo show right now. Hopefully the late game success on Sunday can give them a spark but I doubt it. I think we're back QB shopping again this off-season. This is how it goes for most franchises after an elite franchise QB. The Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers situations are a rarity. Most teams flail for years trying to find the next one. 

• Pie 1