• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean both Robby and DJ are some what proven players. Marshall and Shi where great at making tough catches in college. Something was off for there to be that many drops from different players. Maybe it was the plays, maybe it was the throws but I’m going with a little of both. I think Rhule is just getting a heavy dose of realizing he isn’t one of the smartest coaches in this league (at least not yet). Darnold was acquired for cheap assets for a reason. There was a huge (and probable) risk. This is why it was dumb to not have some sort of backup and go all in on him. 

I somewhat question if we aren't seeing the WR's frustration out on the field. Both with the playcalling and with Darnold. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wasn't the case last year. 

I am wondering if this is because we can't run our playbook because CMC is out or because we can't trust Darnold or because we can't trust the OL. 

I wonder if that has changed from the first three games to the last three games?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

This is exactly what I said and tweeted during the game. TMJ actually got hurt during this game and they noted that DJ Moore made a business decision. If receivers keep getting the ball in dangerous places, they're going to get the dropsies. All of these receivers are good. DJ and Robby both had 1000 yard seasons last year. Sam has poor ball placement. He tries to fit the ball in places it shouldnt go and his timing is late instead of throwing people open. Sam also seems to struggle through his progressions and when the pocket breaks down, he loses awareness. Times where he should run, he doesnt and instead of throwing the ball away, he takes risks. He keys in on one receiver and DBs easily read his tendencies.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am wondering if this is because we can't run our playbook because CMC is out or because we can't trust Darnold or because we can't trust the OL. 

I wonder if that has changed from the first three games to the last three games?

Darnold can't throw all the passes they want him to and it's super concerning, it's going to be a long season

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Darnold can't throw all the passes they want him to and it's super concerning, it's going to be a long season

Darnold can technically make all the throws. He just struggles with processing and timing it looks like.

IMO, that is why he has been such a dramatic failure. The physical skills are obvious.

• Pie 1

Another bullshit take.  The routes are designed by the so called wonder boy in the booth so now the qb has to avoid the throw because it could get the wr hurt? So what is the qb and wrs supposed to do when the play comes into the huddle? Say to hell with that one give me something else? Are they supposed to throw those plays our of the play book?  No, it's just excuses for the shitty play of the receivers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

What pass cant he throw?

Any deep ball for one. He has been very inaccurate on throws going longer than 30 yards. Brady and Rhule are screaming for more downfield passing since they got here since we have the WR's for it and they still can't get it.

Physically he can throw them, but he has horrible timing and can't hit receivers in stride

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

One thing that stood out to me in the Simms clip was how repetitive we are being with our playcalling this early in the season. That is a really, really bad sign for Brady. 

This is a big big concern  Said defenses know our plays. Rhule was frustrated with the play calling and has said there will be major changes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's a bit of everything. Darnold isn't good. The OL isn't good. Brady is struggling to adapt to having a poor QB and a poor OC. The receivers are probably getting frustrated with the situation and that's leading to them playing poorly. The entire offense is a poo show right now. Hopefully the late game success on Sunday can give them a spark but I doubt it. I think we're back QB shopping again this off-season. This is how it goes for most franchises after an elite franchise QB. The Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers situations are a rarity. Most teams flail for years trying to find the next one. 

I just hope we don’t become like the Browns or Broncos and still not have a QB. I didn’t like Darnold but I had some hope that he would be the answer. Unfortunately he isn’t  

Heck I thought the Browns had their QB and now I am hearing that the Browns are hesitant to give Mayfield an extension. But he has been playing poorly this season.