• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

If Darnold has the 8th highest average time to throw in this league, why does literally everyone want 3 new starting iOL and a new LT?

He's getting hit on almost every drop back. Often he's getting hit before he gets into the hitch in his drop back - it's fuging absurd.  

Any time teams want to generate pressure they just run a stunt and come clean through up the middle.

yeah.  Sam might as well just start RUNNING for the 1st down the moment he gets the ball from Center then.  lol. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, he knew the safety was lurking and he was gonna get LIT UP well short of the marker on 3rd down. That's just a ball that cannot be thrown.

7 minutes ago, Tictoc said:

Yeah that underneath route was wide open.

3 headed monster DJ was starting at

'Who was the guy that was open?  I can't see the number. 

And also, this is why Chuba not being able to catch the ball on a dump-off is so detrimental right now.

He could've been the outlet for Sam to toss to and get some good yardage out of it without tossing any hospital ball.

Edited by glenwo2

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's a bit of everything. Darnold isn't good. The OL isn't good. Brady is struggling to adapt to having a poor QB and a poor OC. The receivers are probably getting frustrated with the situation and that's leading to them playing poorly. The entire offense is a poo show right now. Hopefully the late game success on Sunday can give them a spark but I doubt it. I think we're back QB shopping again this off-season. This is how it goes for most franchises after an elite franchise QB. The Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers situations are a rarity. Most teams flail for years trying to find the next one. 

Did you mean Rhule? Because Brady seems overwhelmed with both situational play calling and second half adjustments. Six games into the season and we continue to suck in the third quarter. I’m not sure he can recognize the adjustments or can’t process a counter fast enough. So yeah there’s frustration, but Anderson didn’t explode on the sidelines because of Darnold, that was directed at Brady. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

Did you mean Rhule? Because Brady seems overwhelmed with both situational play calling and second half adjustments. Six games into the season and we continue to suck in the third quarter. I’m not sure he can recognize the adjustments or can’t process a counter fast enough. So yeah there’s frustration, but Anderson didn’t explode on the sidelines because of Darnold, that was directed at Brady. 

I think they WANT IT to be Anderson yelling at Sam because they want to yell at Sam, too, so they're using Robbie as a go-between.  😂

Edited by glenwo2

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, he knew the safety was lurking and he was gonna get LIT UP well short of the marker on 3rd down. That's just a ball that cannot be thrown.

Again you want Darnold to surrender on the drive.

You'd make a helluva Navy Seal.

Worked great for the French.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Again you want Darnold to surrender on the drive.

You'd make a helluva Navy Seal.

Worked great for the French.

maybe watch less Sam Darnold and more great QBs.   The good QBs have no problem living to play for another series.  Especially early in a game.  

The whole, el lost DJ to a concussion on a horrble throw by Sam....but at least we tried something not smart instead of punting.   This isn't a new concept.   QBs have to protect their WRs.  And when you don't....they start playing the game KNOWING they don't have a QB that is looking out for their health.   Well, that impacts things as well. 

Sam Darnold is not good at playing QB.   Time for Panther nation to accept what the league already accepted. 

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

maybe watch less Sam Darnold and more great QBs.   The good QBs have no problem living to play for another series.  Especially early in a game.  

The whole, el lost DJ to a concussion on a horrble throw by Sam....but at least we tried something not smart instead of punting.   This isn't a new concept.   QBs have to protect their WRs.  And when you don't....they start playing the game KNOWING they don't have a QB that is looking out for their health.   Well, that impacts things as well. 

Sam Darnold is not good at playing QB.   Time for Panther nation to accept what the league already accepted. 

Also watch good OCs and they find ways to get guys open so the QB doesn't have to force a throw. Brady's offense doesn't create favorable matchups or blown plays. That's causing what I call the Shula effect. Basically the WR has to win every match up or the QB will have a insanity tight window. Neither is good. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1