• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

100% responsible. Throw the ball away. Don't force a bad throw. 

It is football 101.

It's also football 101 to come back to the ball when your QB scrambles. 

Robby never seems to come back for the ball does he?

Most of our recievers don't seem to follow standard scramble protocols.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's also football 101 to come back to the ball when your QB scrambles. 

Robby never seems to come back for the ball does he?

Most of our recievers don't seem to follow standard scramble protocols.

Come back during a slide to the sideline? In what Matrix world do you see that happening?

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Come back during a slide to the sideline? In what Matrix world do you see that happening?

DBs finish routes better and show more effort to come back to the ball than Robbie. He's a stick so I guess he figures he'd lose the 50/50 ball anyway?

• Pie 2

I rarely ever see our WRs or TEs break from their routes if they see the QB in trouble to comeback to help him out. Kelce, Adams, Gronk, Hopkins, Kittle and etc will.  And McCaffrey will. All of the aforementioned are high caliber players. Our receiving core is fair. It could be fantastic but we have poor pass protection and questionable play calling. We can hardly expect anything more than a stop-gap measure from Darnold when he has no O-line to protect him so he can do his damn job. No QB could hardly expected to be successful with our non-offensive line.

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, AggieLean said:

No he’s not. Come on, now.

Anyways, it’s looking like we’ll be looking for a QB again this upcoming offseason. Sam has processing issues, and he’s not as accurate as some would like you to believe. The same folks who would complain of holding onto the ball, accuracy/timing issues of our past QBs, are really seeing that now. Sam isn’t the only problem facing this team, but he’s one of the bigger issues. We absolutely would be foolish to give him 3 years. This is his 4th year in the league, and it’s clear he’s not getting it. It’s not clicking. Best to move on.

At least the Sam Darnold contingency of this site isn’t as nauseating as the Kyle Allen brigade.

But yeah, this take is just… garbage 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Aintmsbhavn2da said:

I rarely ever see our WRs or TEs break from their routes if they see the QB in trouble to comeback to help him out. Kelce, Adams, Gronk, Hopkins, Kittle and etc will.  And McCaffrey will. All of the aforementioned are high caliber players. Our receiving core is fair. It could be fantastic but we have poor pass protection and questionable play calling. We can hardly expect anything more than a stop-gap measure from Darnold when he has no O-line to protect him so he can do his damn job. No QB could hardly expected to be successful with our non-offensive line.

I mean, there are other teams doing an even worse job protecting their QB's. Some are getting worse results and some are getting better results.

This isn't some sort of uniquely bad scenario we have.

16 minutes ago, rico6 said:

At least the Sam Darnold contingency of this site isn’t as nauseating as the Kyle Allen brigade.

But yeah, this take is just… garbage 

Tyrod Taylor 2021(2 games)

QBR: 80.8(would be 1st in the NFL if he qualified)

QB Rating: 122.9(would be 2nd in the NFL if he qualified)

DVOA: 29.2%(would be 3rd in the NFL if he qualified)

Sam Darnold 2021(6 games)

QBR: 47.1(23rd in the NFL)

QB Rating: 79.7(28th in the NFL)

DVOA: -24.9%(29th in the NFL)

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Tyrod Taylor 2021(2 games)

QBR: 80.8(would be 1st in the NFL if he qualified)

QB Rating: 122.9(would be 2nd in the NFL if he qualified)

DVOA: 29.2%(would be 3rd in the NFL if he qualified)

Sam Darnold 2021(6 games)

QBR: 47.1(23rd in the NFL)

QB Rating: 79.7(28th in the NFL)

DVOA: -24.9%(29th in the NFL)

tyrod sucks.

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, there are other teams doing an even worse job protecting their QB's. Some are getting worse results and some are getting better results.

This isn't some sort of uniquely bad scenario we have.

Have our pass block win rates improved?  I thought we were in the bottom three there.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s fine if you think he sucks.  But be consistent with your standards.  That means Darnold belongs in the XFL

He is a 32yo career backup he has 10k career passing yards.

I don't have access to PFF but I would love to see Houston's pass blocking grades, average 3rd down distance and drops.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

He is a 32yo career backup he has 10k career passing yards.

I don't have access to PFF but I would love to see Houston's pass blocking grades, average 3rd down distance and drops.

Drops and some other advanced stats are available free on PFR.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2021_advanced.htm

I think they've had 7 drops.