• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy taking responsibility..finally

ladypanther

Maybe he learned something from Sam.

When you win, you point the finger at your teammates and when you lose, you point the thumb at yourself,” Bridgewater said, via Kyle Newman of The Denver Post. “Today was definitely one of those days where I point the thumb at myself. I take responsibility for the things that went wrong, whether it was the turnovers or being better in many [other] areas.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/18/teddy-bridgewater-i-point-the-thumb-at-myself-after-losing-to-raiders/

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Maybe he learned something from Sam.

When you win, you point the finger at your teammates and when you lose, you point the thumb at yourself,” Bridgewater said, via Kyle Newman of The Denver Post. “Today was definitely one of those days where I point the thumb at myself. I take responsibility for the things that went wrong, whether it was the turnovers or being better in many [other] areas.  I also miss sitting on the bench with my buds Drew Brees and Taysom Hill in the middle of a game...good times, good times.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/18/teddy-bridgewater-i-point-the-thumb-at-myself-after-losing-to-raiders/

About time he owned up.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, ladypanther said:

8 hours ago, ZeroZeroSeven said:

About time he owned up.

Sam takes the blame after every loss this season and you hear him give the same excuses. It’s tiring. 

• Poo 1

9 hours ago, Squid Game said:

Sam takes the blame after every loss this season and you hear him give the same excuses. It’s tiring. 

At least he isn't blaming the coaches like Teddy did.  Also, despite multiple attempts the media has not been able to  get Sam to say a negative word about his time with the Jets.  When Teddy got to Denver, what did he do?  Blame the Panther coaches for his poor performance. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

At least he isn't blaming the coaches like Teddy did.  Also, despite multiple attempts the media has not been able to  get Sam to say a negative word about his time with the Jets.  When Teddy got to Denver, what did he do?  Blame the Panther coaches for his poor performance. 

And, now we are finally seeing that Teddy was probably right after all. It appears that it is the coaches’ fault. 

I mean... he did here as well:

Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater shoulders blame for loss

I genuinely do not understand the constant hate that people direct at Teddy. Everywhere but in Carolina he is regarded as a team-first guy that's well liked. Ask Panthers' fans though and they'll tell you that Teddy slapped their momma in a dream that they had once.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Icege said:

I mean... he did here as well:

Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater shoulders blame for loss

I genuinely do not understand the constant hate that people direct at Teddy. Everywhere but in Carolina he is regarded as a team-first guy that's well liked. Ask Panthers' fans though and they'll tell you that Teddy slapped their momma in a dream that they had once.

I genuinely don't understand how if he's such a great guy and teammate he was so poor here and they were in such a hurry to ship him out. To your example, those comments came the day after the game; his entire press conference that was actually after the game was all 'we' even when asked about his god-awful throw and he threw the staff under the bus (quoted below) and pass the blame instead of just acknowledging his failure. It largely invalidates your quote IMO when it's been a day and closed-door conversations have taken place. 

It's fair in some situation to call out everyone as a leader of course but after such glaring personal mistakes, not a single 'I' in terms of accountability right after the game:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/what-teddy-bridgewater-said-following-the-loss-to-minnesota

What happened on the missed pass to DJ Moore

"I think we’ve just got to be better from top to bottom, from the sideline to executing on the field. It’s one of those deals where I felt like we might have panicked a little bit trying to figure out what play call to call in that situation because it’s like do we run the ball and get stopped, make the clock go down to a minute and 10 or throw the ball and try to score? I think, honestly, we called a great play, we just didn’t have enough time to execute, but it was a play where we wanted to shift Robby [Anderson] to get a good man zone read to see what defense they’re in and because we’re against the clock we just had to rush into it. I think if we would’ve gotten the play call in or we would’ve been able to make a decision sooner on what call to make, I think we see the look, we check to a run play and hopefully we score and make the clock go down. But it’s just one of those deals where DJ [Moore] popped open. It wasn’t the right look but still just got to hit to hit the throw."

It's this type of thing throughout his postgame talks - not every one, but often enough - coupled with the milquetoast play and bonus stuff like public excuses about practice when he joined Denver that left such a poor taste for many. If he's such a great leader and teammate, where was that at? I can't discount the possibility that Carolina's staff isn't fully inept and a morale killer, but it sure doesn't seem that way. Teddy appeared to earn his dislike fair and square.

Edited by KSpan

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, KSpan said:

I genuinely don't understand how if he's such a great guy and teammate he was so poor here and they were in such a hurry to ship him out. To your example, those comments came the day after the game; his entire press conference that was actually after the game was all 'we' even when asked about his god-awful throw and he threw the staff under the bus (quoted below) and pass the blame instead of just acknowledging his failure. It largely invalidates your quote IMO when it's been a day and closed-door conversations have taken place. 

It's fair in some situation to call out everyone as a leader of course but after such glaring personal mistakes, not a single 'I' in terms of accountability right after the game:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/what-teddy-bridgewater-said-following-the-loss-to-minnesota

It's this type of thing throughout his postgame talks - not every one, but often enough - coupled with the milquetoast play and bonus stuff like public excuses about practice when he joined Denver that left such a poor taste for many. If he's such a great leader and teammate, where was that at? I can't discount the possibility that Carolina's staff isn't fully inept and a morale killer, but it sure doesn't seem that way. Teddy appeared to earn his dislike fair and square.

In regards to Teddy's team history with players and coaches:

Teddy was loved in high school.

Teddy was loved in Louisville.

Teddy was loved in Minnesota.

Teddy was loved in New York.

Teddy was loved in New Orleans.

Teddy was hated in Carolina.

Teddy is loved in Denver.

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Also, I'm pretty sure our players liked Teddy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

On 11/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, Madwolf said:

In regards to Teddy's team history with players and coaches:

Teddy was loved in high school.

Teddy was loved in Louisville.

Teddy was loved in Minnesota.

Teddy was loved in New York.

Teddy was loved in New Orleans.

Teddy was hated in Carolina.

Teddy is loved in Denver.

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Also, I'm pretty sure our players liked Teddy.

Might not be too liked after that utterly pathetic effort on Slay's fumble return today. 14-point swing there that very well may have cost Denver the game. Not feeling too responsible for tackling I suppose.

Edited by KSpan

Listened to the conference myself out of curiosity and more endless 'we' when talking about failures, even saying 'we missed some throws' like the entire team was throwing passes... true leadership right there. Might be a great guy off the field but dude's a loser on it.