• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater(2020) vs. Darnold(2021) through 6 games.

kungfoodude

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Don’t compare me to those fans. I never like Donald to begin with. He was bad with the Jets he’s bad with us. But you keep being a fanboy. And I’ll keep laughing every single time he fails. Darnold is a terrible football player. I never should’ve been traded this team. But I’ll admit. I don’t blame him being traded to us. That’s Rhules and the GMs fault. 

So you are a hater from the start. Good reason to ignore you then as totally biased looking for things to complain about. You have plenty of company.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And how does Tepper feel about giving Rhule 2 Free Agent QB picks back to back years and he couldn't magically coach up either one? I don't see how Rhule gets a 3rd chance on another QB

I’m indifferent, but two years with two different GMs seems like a short leash. However Tepper might not be that patient.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Let me be blunt for those that are somehow interpreting this thread as a defense of Teddy. It is most certainly not. 

I am showing that Darnold is as bad or worse than Teddy, the guy we all(or almost all) agreed needed to be shown the door. That's my point. That's where this whole Darnold experiment is headed.

And I think unless Darnold implodes if you think he is gone at the end of this year you are sadly mistaken. Will we bring in competition? I hope so. But Darnold has arm skills and athleticism Teddy could only dream about. That is why he is here.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I said even some of the great ones struggle not all. Obviously Brady didn't neither did Manning. But what about guys like Jay Cutler who went to Chicago. First year they went 7-9. Year 2 he played 15 games and then went 10-5. That might be a better example. But either way Darnold is a work in process and I think if he is here next year he will be more successful. But right now not too happy with any part of the team.

That second year they went 10-5? 23 tds 16 int. He threw for more tds his first year there. Like I don’t get what you’re trying to do here.

Most of the time people are just who they are when you start getting into their 4th and 5th years. I’m fine with Darnold staying here as long as we have a drafted qb behind him or Darnold can back up whoever we trade for. Even IF he somehow gets better next year it’s still not good enough. 

actually jay cutler is a perfect example. Very talented, very turnover prone regardless of team changes. He’s just who he was the entire time. 

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And I think unless Darnold implodes if you think he is gone at the end of this year you are sadly mistaken. Will we bring in competition? I hope so. But Darnold has arm skills and athleticism Teddy could only dream about. That is why he is here.

Well Will Grier had stronger arm than Sam Darnold, how did that work out?

Also, athleticism Teddy could only dream about??? You just exposed yourself.

teddy-bridgewater-ras-11583.png.ba8c6d14ec0e7f6d68216f3038e96126.pngsam-darnold-ras-16979.png.65c22324899b3be78d58bac4f1430430.png

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Then why is Teddy averaging a yard and a half less per pass attempt than Sam? What good does that arm skills do if he’s throwing the ball shorter than a QB whose biggest issue was not pushing the ball downfield. 

• Beer 1

Teddy is second on my list of most hated QBs in team history. He gets just slightly beat out by drunk ass Kerry Collins for the top spot.

fuging Pickles isn’t even up there with the hatred I have for those two fugs because at least he got us Cam Newton.

Seriously, fug Teddy Bridgewater.

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 1

JFC, it was always obvious what Darnold is because there is 3 years of film of him being himself in a terrible situation. He makes awful decisions and a few amazing throws. SSDD, not reliable and not good enough. We wasted a 2nd to bring him here and despite being a completely different type of QB he is in the same category as Teddy, a quality backup with some starter qualities.

He isn't a rookie and he isn't the answer. We can do a lot better around him but none of those 2 things will change unless there is a miracle involved. 

This staff's evaluation skills of QB is basically the complete opposite of their evaluation skills of CBs. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

JFC, it was always obvious what Darnold is because there is 3 years of film of him being himself in a terrible situation. He makes awful decisions and a few amazing throws. SSDD, not reliable and not good enough. We wasted a 2nd to bring him here and despite being a completely different type of QB he is in the same category as Teddy, a quality backup with some starter qualities.

He isn't a rookie and he isn't the answer. We can do a lot better around him but none of those 2 things will change unless there is a miracle involved. 

This staff's evaluation skills of QB is basically the complete opposite of their evaluation skills of CBs. 

Maybe we can get them some VR goggles that forces them to see QB's like they do CB's. Actually, probably need to snag an OL/DL set for them first.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, @bonafidebanter said:

My only issues with Teddy was that it seemed like he refused to push the ball down field. Oh, that terrible goal line pass in the Minnesota game last year. I never forgave him for that mess. 

It’s pretty clear a lot of that is actually on Brady more so if you look at the schemes this year. 

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then why is Teddy averaging a yard and a half less per pass attempt than Sam? What good does that arm skills do if he’s throwing the ball shorter than a QB whose biggest issue was not pushing the ball downfield. 

This should be TB avg more not less. I switched it up. 

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe we can get them some VR goggles that forces them to see QB's like they do CB's. Actually, probably need to snag an OL/DL set for them first.

At this point, prove they can do better on the oline first. Even this far out, I'm not holding my breath that there will be a good enough option for us again this offseason and I sure as hell don't want to waste any capital on another 'not the answer' guy. Build the oline, aquire draft capital and wait to spend on someone special. Darnold can be the expensive placeholder for now. 

I'm getting closer to wanting a new OC that has an eye for QBs and Oline. Try and save this crew from their deficiencies.