• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater(2020) vs. Darnold(2021) through 6 games.

kungfoodude

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....I mean if you look at his stats through 6 games in Denver and his full season stats from 2020 they are almost carbon copies other than the TD:INT ratio and maybe the fact that he is getting sacked a LOT more in Denver. 

I think Teddy is just who he is, same way that Sam is. There aren't wild swings in statistical deviations just about Teddy's entire career.

Teddy is still the same guy. My point is Brady is still running the same scheme from last year a lot. 5 yard passes when we need 8-10. Throwing horrible screens, throwing quick outs Behind the line of scrimmage when we need 10. 

No Teddy can’t push it perhaps as far as darnold but frankly darnold hasn’t really connected on but what? 1 deep bomb? 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Teddy is still the same guy. My point is Brady is still running the same scheme from last year a lot. 5 yard passes when we need 8-10. Throwing horrible screens, throwing quick outs Behind the line of scrimmage when we need 10. 

No Teddy can’t push it perhaps as far as darnold but frankly darnold hasn’t really connected on but what? 1 deep bomb? 

Because they thought Teddy and execution was the problem and not the front office themselves. I think they got that message this season. Hopefully its a fix that THEY CAN FIX and not a fix that calls for people getting fired. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Let me take a look at Darnold and Teddy's deep passing through six games and see what the stats say.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Let me take a look at Darnold and Teddy's deep passing through six games and see what the stats say.

@Harbingers

Passes over 20 yards(source is NFL Next Gen Stats)

Teddy 2020

8/17, 250 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Passer Rating: 88.48

Teddy 2021

5/15, 172 yards, 1 TD. Passer Rating: 99.86

Darnold 2021

9/24, 284 yards, 1 TD. Passer Rating: 96.53

Relatively similar results, honestly. Sam definitely taking more shots downfield which isn't surprising.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

Carolina has been significantly better in the redzone this year than Denver.

Both teams have played almost identical Strength of Schedules through this week.

Basically, it seems, that Teddy will get you down the field, and Sam will get you into the end zone from there. Both could learn something from each other so far this season.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Carolina has been significantly better in the redzone this year than Denver.

Both teams have played almost identical Strength of Schedules through this week.

Basically, it seems, that Teddy will get you down the field, and Sam will get you into the end zone from there. Both could learn something from each other so far this season.

Crazy how both were teammates... guess they didn't learn a thing from each other lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

bruh that was half a century ago

peyton went 13-3 with broncos first year

favre made nfccg with vikings

tom brady won the fuging super bowl with bucs

joe montana made the afccg with the chiefs

darnold is a bust. he's not going to improve

A big difference is that Brady and Manning brought their system to their new team not the other way around. So they didn't have the adjustment that Darnold has going from a crappy system to a much more complicated one. And they had great success in that system with their old team.  So your examples are not germaine. It was other folks learning their system not the other way around so if the talent was similar or better you would expect them to do better not worse. Which is what happened. Whereas in the cases I mentioned it was the other way around. Which is why I brought them up. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

A big difference is that Brady and Manning brought their system to their new team not the other way around. So they didn't have the adjustment that Darnold has going from a crappy system to a much more complicated one. And they had great success in that system with their old team.  So your examples are not germaine. It was other folks learning their system not the other way around so if the talent was similar or better you would expect them to do better not worse. Which is what happened. Whereas in the cases I mentioned it was the other way around. Which is why I brought them up. 

Great coordinators and coaches adapt the offense to their QB and their personnel, not the other way around for sure.

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Rhule talked yesterday about how Darnold hasn't been playing well. IMO, they will be off that bandwagon far sooner. 

The tone & tenor among certain local area press, press whose previous support could be described as blind & unequivocal, has pivoted dramatically...

...Silver Platter Sam is in trouble.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Great coordinators and coaches adapt the offense to their QB and their personnel, not the other way around for sure.

And in both Brady and especially Manning's case , he was the OC and the QB. The OC for much of Manning's time in Indy seemed more of a figure head than true OC.