• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big picture...

musicman

I am more concerned with how we went about this offseason. I liked trading around and getting more picks, but why trade for Sam but not bring any real line help. They brought a bunch of jag's and drafted a few projects. We should have built the line and then got a QB next year. 

Yep, that about sums it up, OP. This year is bonus round stuff, but I'm still not sold on the idea that we can't be competitive. We're going to be having some quality players coming back from injuries in the coming weeks. And we still have a soft schedule ahead of us.

A win or two in the short term can do a lot to getting us back to right.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, musicman said:

Fans in the stands. Against the Eagles it was embarrassing as Eagles fans were louder than Panther fans. Even the Vikings game, we didn't get loud till the end. Fans at BofA need to be always loud when the other team is on offense. We need to create hime field advantage and we don't.

I was at both the Eagles and Vikings games. Inability to stay loud is not the fans’ fault. It’s this team. No fan is going to keep making noise when the defense will just let us up. I can’t scream and make noise on a 11 plays drive. 

• Pie 1

There seems to be this go lucky happy post every year about this team.  'shucks guys we're going in the right direction!' and then the team never steps up.  Tired of the narrative we are 'just a few players/plays away!' 

Should change the name to the Carolina Almost's.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

I was at both the Eagles and Vikings games. Inability to stay loud is not the fans’ fault. It’s this team. No fan is going to keep making noise when the defense will just let us up. I can’t scream and make noise on a 11 plays drive. 

Just need it for 3rd down. Music/audio/announcer stops at 20 seconds and the drop off is HUGE. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Dunn said:

There seems to be this go lucky happy post every year about this team.  'shucks guys we're going in the right direction!' and then the team never steps up.  Tired of the narrative we are 'just a few players/plays away!' 

I didn't say they were a few players away. Too many new and young players in a  new system expected to win right a way? When ever you start over, you have to give it time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Most times it's injuries that change the fortunes of a team. If Cam never hurt his shoulder, I wonder where we would have been the last few years. Major changes in 2 years during Covid protocols. Everybody wants to win and say they follow a winner. Hopefully we'll get out turn in the near future. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Dunn said:

We ended the 2019 season with arguably the NFL's worst roster. Did you really expect this team to be competitive last year and this year?

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, musicman said:

Just need it for 3rd down. Music/audio/announcer stops at 20 seconds and the drop off is HUGE. 

Speaking of music, why were y'all playing a song during the game about a "viking warrior" while we were playing the vikings?

I heard it on TV and thought, "why the hell are they playing that song today?"

I think we just want to know there's a plan in place and that it's getting executed on. 

I think the Darnold trade is starting to look bad.  If we were losing but he was performing, I would feel better than having a huge ? at the position after having given up a 2nd and a 4th round pick in next year's draft.

• Beer 1