• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's just go on record right now. Who you picking Shula or Brady

Snake

Who you picking Shula or Brady?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better OC at this point?

• Brady
    • Shula

Brady.  Shula had otherworldly talent to work with and still sucked. Brady has interesting play designs but is garbage situationally.  If you gave him Cam and Olsen and a decent OL, that wouldn't matter, because those dudes dominated in the situations Brady struggles in.

• Pie 2

On a 1:1 position breakdown on offense you have to give the nod in most positions to the guys Shula had vs the guys Brady has. We have better receivers. Almost everything else on offense was better in Shulas time. 

As far as adjustments: In 2020 we were 29ths in red zone TD % at 50.88%.

Carolina in 2021 under Joe Brady? 61%. 

He has had to do this with Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold thus far. By the way, Teddy Bridgewater and the Denver Broncos have a 45.45% red zone touchdown percentage this season. Maybe Denver doesn't practice Red Zone like Teddy complained about here on his way out? And maybe we practice it more now? Red Zone was the knock on Brady last season and he is doing far better, and the QB who complained out it is doing far worse without Brady in the red zone now. 

We are averaging 23.8 points per game, an improvement over the Teddy-led 21.9 for us last season. Taking a peak at the Denver Broncos... they average 21.0 points per game this year. Denver averaged 20.0 last year. 

Give it a few more weeks and people will see that the offense just hasn't clicked but its not the play calling that is the callout. No interception thrown thus far was due to a fault in the play call. Darnold has thrown into tight windows and forced throws while other receivers have been open on the play. Fumbles by WRs are not in the playbook as far as I can tell. Sometimes plays are badly designed... you can look at some Chicago footage and some Eagles footage this year where the QBs had plays called that were fails the moment the ball was hiked. We haven't had that outside of every team complaining when a run gets 1 yard that it was an awful call.

Fanatics just don't want to blame the players. Brady is a better OC than Shula. I would love to see 2015 Cam with this OC. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Varking said:

On a 1:1 position breakdown on offense you have to give the nod in most positions to the guys Shula had vs the guys Brady has. We have better receivers. Almost everything else on offense was better in Shulas time. 

As far as adjustments: In 2020 we were 29ths in red zone TD % at 50.88%.

Carolina in 2021 under Joe Brady? 61%. 

He has had to do this with Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold thus far. By the way, Teddy Bridgewater and the Denver Broncos have a 45.45% red zone touchdown percentage this season. Maybe Denver doesn't practice Red Zone like Teddy complained about here on his way out? And maybe we practice it more now? Red Zone was the knock on Brady last season and he is doing far better, and the QB who complained out it is doing far worse without Brady in the red zone now. 

We are averaging 23.8 points per game, an improvement over the Teddy-led 21.9 for us last season. Taking a peak at the Denver Broncos... they average 21.0 points per game this year. Denver averaged 20.0 last year. 

Give it a few more weeks and people will see that the offense just hasn't clicked but its not the play calling that is the callout. No interception thrown thus far was due to a fault in the play call. Darnold has thrown into tight windows and forced throws while other receivers have been open on the play. Fumbles by WRs are not in the playbook as far as I can tell. Sometimes plays are badly designed... you can look at some Chicago footage and some Eagles footage this year where the QBs had plays called that were fails the moment the ball was hiked. We haven't had that outside of every team complaining when a run gets 1 yard that it was an awful call.

Fanatics just don't want to blame the players. Brady is a better OC than Shula. I would love to see 2015 Cam with this OC. 

All of this. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Squid Game said:

Shula has 1 super bowl appearance and a 2015 offense that was unstoppable until the very last game. Brady looks like a high school offensive coordinator. 

Agreed. I’m not saying Brady is terrible by any means but I just don’t get it. Everyone jerks this guy off and I’ve yet to see why. The “offensive guru” that is a shoe-in for a head coaching job has yet to have a dominant offensive outing to date that I can remember. Shula in 2015 had the Cats poo beating teams. Boat raced the cardinals in the NFC championship game. Beautiful thing to see in a big moment against a top 10 defense. 

• Pie 1

It was a terrible decision when Shula incorporated so much of the read option into Cams game (for Cams future) but it also produced a near perfect record, an mvp campaign, and qb rushing td totals that are insane. 

Shula coached to Cams strengths. So far, I’ve seen no indication that Brady is capable of coaching to any of our players strengths. 

8 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Chud was fun to watch.  He seemed to really know how to use Cam.  Like a prior response said Shula had a Ferrari and drove it like a Pickup truck.  

Chud actually had a offensive line as well. Actually that was the last time we really had a legitimate line. 

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Icege said:

Joe Brady, and it isn't even close.

Now if it was who do we prefer between Brady or Chudzinski, then I might have to do some thinking.

Brady’s problems here are an injured star RB, a reclamation project at QB and a below average OL. Fix these issues and we’re straight. With the exception of 2015, Shula was one of worse OC we had.