• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of y’all need to chill out

Doc Holiday

6 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I think it's more so that people are literally telling him to root for another team because he is unhappy with the teams performance. 

He said he has invested time and money into the team. He has PSLs. He has a lot invested into this hobby. So I can see why he is upset with the subpar performance and downward trend this team is on. 

I am not sure why being critical of a team automatically means you're less of a fan. You guys are weird. 

If you're not taste-testing Rhule and Tepper's boots, you're not a real fan according to the Huddle. At least, that's until they feel the same way by Week 16.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

We are not trending in the right direction. That could change, but things are looking extremely bleak right now. 

How are we not trending in the right direction? What you guys don't seem to realise is that Rhule isn't an Xs and Os guru. He's a programme builder. He's here to stack the roster and install a culture. Let's look at what he's done so far (hint: it's no coincidence that a lot of our best players come from the list below):

2021 Draft

• 1 - Jaycee Horn (CB), USCe - looking like an exceptional player
  • 2 - Terrace Marshall Jr. (WR), LSU - shown flashes of being a very good player
  • 3 - Brady Christensen (OL), BYU - unknown
  • 3 - Tommy Tremble (TE), ND - productive starter with upside
  • 4 - Chuba Hubbard (RB), Ok St. - v. capable backup
  • 5 - Daviyon Nixon (DT), Iowa - v. capable backup
  • 5 - Keith Taylor (CB), Wash - v. capable backup
  • 6 - Deonte Brown (OL), Alabama - Huddle legend
  • 6 - Shi Smith (WR), USCe - unknown, but flashed in debut
  • 6 - Thomas Fletcher (LS), Alabama - unknown
  • 7 - Phil Hoskins (DT), Kentucky - unknown

2020 Draft

• 1 - Derrick Brown (DT), Auburn - stud
  • 2 - Yetur Gross-Matos (DE), Penn St. - v capable starter
  • 2 - Jeremy Chinn (S), South. Ill. - stud
  • 4 - Troy Pride Jr. (CB), ND - unknown, but probably not going to make the roster next year
  • 5 - Kenny Robinson Jr. (S), WVU - STs ace
  • 6 - Bravvion Roy (DT), Baylor - capable backup
  • 7 - Stantley Thomas-Oliver (CB), Fl. Int - see TP Jr.

I've highlighted the 6-7 starters we've drafted in the last 2 years. There's 3 serious role players in those drafts too (and 4 more that could develop into serious contributors). That's absurdly good. 

I'm purposely not including FA and trade acquisitions, which I also think have been very good - I'm a big fan of the price we paid for Darnold, Henderson and Gilmore and the acquisition of Reddick, Jones, Fox and Bouye. (I'm a bigger fan of Elflein and Erving than most too).

I'm extremely happy with the way things are trending, they just need to address the Oline in the offseason. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 5

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

How are we not trending in the right direction? What you guys don't seem to realise is that Rhule isn't an Xs and Os guru. He's a programme builder. He's here to stack the roster and install a culture. Let's look at what he's done so far (hint: it's no coincidence that a lot of our best players come from the list below):

2021 Draft

• 2 - Terrace Marshall Jr. (WR), LSU - shown flashes of being a very good player

2020 Draft

• 4 - Troy Pride Jr. (CB), ND - unknown, but probably not going to make the roster next year

I've highlighted the 6-7 starters we've drafted in the last 2 years. There's 3 serious role players in those drafts too (and 4 more that could develop into serious contributors). That's absurdly good. 

I'm purposely not including FA and trade acquisitions, which I also think have been very good - I'm a big fan of the price we paid for Darnold, Henderson and Gilmore and the acquisition of Reddick, Jones, Fox and Bouye. (I'm a bigger fan of Elflein and Erving than most too).

I'm extremely happy with the way things are trending, they just need to address the Oline in the offseason. 

Rhule's college resume is one conference title.  One.  What exactly did he build his programs into? 

that tagline continues to be overstated and overrated IMO. 

Rhule took teams that really sucked....and got them to where they didn't really suck by playing John Fox/Rivera football.  He wasn't a Dabo Sweeney, Saban, Chip Kelly, Spurrier, etc.  He didn't build any program into a powerhouse that withstood the test of any period of any time. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

2021 Draft

2020 Draft

At the end of the day, the results on the field are what matter. 

We are not trending in the right direction on the field. Period.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Seen a lot of hurt feelings and poo posting on here lately. Am I not happy about the last 3 games after our first 3? Yes of course I am, but I’m not letting it get under my skin or ruin how I perceived the Panthers this season and next.

I posted on here shortly after Rhule took over that the Panthers were in a 3 year rebuild and they knew it too, I pointed out various personnel moves and contracts which all coincided with a 3 year window. I also noted that the Panthers aren’t looking to compete with Brady as much as they are looking to out last him. 

the Panthers looked to be well ahead of schedule over the first 3 games this season, but the offensive line has since proved otherwise.

We still sit another year and a half left in this rebuild. Am I excited about having to wait another Year and a half to see where we really stand? Nope, but getting up set that we looked to be ahead of schedule and then realizing we aren’t isn’t the worse thing in the world, if we end the season 8-9 or 9-8 that will still be a huge improvement over last year. We are just looking to make progress over the previous season. 

when progress ends that’s when we really need to be concerned.

i get the cowgirls & minn games...but no way we should have lost to philly...im still not passed that one

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If you're not taste-testing Rhule and Tepper's boots, you're not a real fan according to the Huddle. At least, that's until they feel the same way by Week 16.

I've been saying this all year. But it was funny to see the change from last week to this week. 

Last week, people kept coming at me for questioning Rhule and co. after the Eagles game. Now some of those same people are on the huddle bitchin' about Rhule and co. Some of them haven't even bothered to show their face this week. 

I hate that I'm right, but being overly optimistic and willfully ignorant of this coaching staff and ownerships faults doesn't make anybody any more of a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I've been saying this all year. But it was funny to see the change from last week to this week. 

Last week, people kept coming at me for questioning Rhule and co. after the Eagles game. Now some of those same people are on the huddle bitchin' about Rhule and co. Some of them haven't even bothered to show their face this week. 

I hate that I'm right, but being overly optimistic and willfully ignorant of this coaching staff and ownerships faults doesn't make anybody any more of a fan

Thats fair. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

2021 Draft

2020 Draft

Now. let's have someone who's actually in touch with reality try it. You're calling people future stars based on preseason stats and "very capable backups" when they make one tackle in garbage time. 

2021 Draft

• 1 - Jaycee Horn (CB), USCe - good start to rookie year, will miss 82% of the season
  • 2 - Terrace Marshall Jr. (WR), LSU - shown flashes of being a very good player *in preseason*, 116 receiving yards in 6 games
  • 3 - Brady Christensen (OL), BYU - coaching staff sold us on him in May, doesn't seem to trust him now
  • 3 - Tommy Tremble (TE), ND - respectable rookie season so far, has multiple tools
  • 4 - Chuba Hubbard (RB), Ok St. - best pick we made; coincidentally the one I liked best in April
  • 5 - Daviyon Nixon (DT), Iowa - not bad but a JAG so far, averages 1 tackle per game
  • 5 - Keith Taylor (CB), Wash - looked good against MIN but jury's still out
  • 6 - Deonte Brown (OL), Alabama - Has played 5 ST snaps, can't see the field at all. Bust
  • 6 - Shi Smith (WR), USCe - 2 catches, 20 yards so far; "flashed" is essentially public relations talk
  • 6 - Thomas Fletcher (LS), Alabama - wasted pick; already have a great LS
  • 7 - Phil Hoskins (DT), Kentucky - has played as many games as you this season

2020 Draft

• 1 - Derrick Brown (DT), Auburn - stud DT, solid pick
  • 2 - Yetur Gross-Matos (DE), Penn St. - "v capable starter" LOL he's averaging 25% of defensive snaps and hasn't made a tackle since Week 2
  • 2 - Jeremy Chinn (S), South. Ill. - stud DB/LB, hit on this one
  • 4 - Troy Pride Jr. (CB), ND - gave him a shot, failed
  • 5 - Kenny Robinson Jr. (S), WVU - made his first real NFL play on Sunday
  • 6 - Bravvion Roy (DT), Baylor - look left for the reason he's still on the roster
  • 7 - Stantley Thomas-Oliver (CB), Fl. Int - gave him a shot, failed

So Brown and Chinn hit last year. Hubbard looks like he hit this year and if Horn doesn't become injury-prone he's good as well, but giving the guy 10 quarters and calling him a star is absolute bullshit. I like Tremble as well and Marshall looked great in the preseason and before getting hurt, was an afterthought. Overall, we bought a lot of lottery tickets and most of them were not winners.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

How are we not trending in the right direction? What you guys don't seem to realise is that Rhule isn't an Xs and Os guru. He's a programme builder.

But this isn't college football there are no "programs" here we aren't Alabama playing scrubs from some small school every week. Saying Rhule isn't great with X's and O's and thinking that helps your argument is pretty out there. That isn't optimism that is bordering on delusion.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

That’s part of the problem. You should only make trades if your a good team, not a bad team like us. It’s looking like the Jets and Jaguars are both going to get a very good pick from us. We’re not even playing CJ Henderson. We’re investing future picks to suck? 

So, bad teams shouldn’t make trades to try and make the team better?  Dumbest logic I have ever heard.

alsi..if you are that old abs get physically angry because a team you cheer for isn’t winning, then you might need to find something more important or substantial in your life.  Life goes on the same Monday morning, whether a particular football team wins or not.

1 hour ago, Squid Game said:

Why would some of you guys pay to support losing teams? This is Tepper’s 4th season as the owner of this team. We haven’t won anything under that man. 

Chill out? I’m investing my money and time toward this team and constantly get nothing back in return from this owner we have. 

It seems you are also spending your money (apparently far more than the rest of us, and for longer!!!!!) supporting a losing team.   

You don’t get to tell me how to spend my time and money. 

Don't whine about how you spend your money and not being happy with the result then, it's that simple.  If you want to make an impact speak with your wallet, otherwise you too are supporting a losing team.  Just being a hypocrite about it.