• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of y’all need to chill out

Doc Holiday

4 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Seen a lot of hurt feelings and poo posting on here lately. Am I not happy about the last 3 games after our first 3? Yes of course I am, but I’m not letting it get under my skin or ruin how I perceived the Panthers this season and next.

I posted on here shortly after Rhule took over that the Panthers were in a 3 year rebuild and they knew it too, I pointed out various personnel moves and contracts which all coincided with a 3 year window. I also noted that the Panthers aren’t looking to compete with Brady as much as they are looking to out last him. 

the Panthers looked to be well ahead of schedule over the first 3 games this season, but the offensive line has since proved otherwise.

We still sit another year and a half left in this rebuild. Am I excited about having to wait another Year and a half to see where we really stand? Nope, but getting up set that we looked to be ahead of schedule and then realizing we aren’t isn’t the worse thing in the world, if we end the season 8-9 or 9-8 that will still be a huge improvement over last year. We are just looking to make progress over the previous season. 

when progress ends that’s when we really need to be concerned.

So it’s a 3 year process. Which QB do you see coming here next year to rescue the team? 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Squid Game said:

You don’t get to tell me who to watch and root for. I’m sure that I am a whole lot older than you are. Im sure I’ve been a fan of this team well before you were even born. Go find someone else to talk to. 

sounds like the OP was talking to you.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

These two sentences contradict one another. 

As an aside, sucking ass in close games is kind of an indicator you've got a terrible coach. But hey! 11 more chances to do it! Strap in and have fun!

Your post made me realize a typo in my post. We lost 11 games during the 2020 season. Tampa whopped us pretty good both times we played. The Saints destroyed us in the last game of the season. The other 8 losses were all by 8 pts or less, meaning one extra TD and 2 pts conversion would have won or tied all of those games.

This season we lost by our games by 8 pts (Dallas) 3 pts (Philadelphia), and 6 pts (Minnesota). Once again one extra TD and 2 pt conversion would have tied the Dallas game and won the last won games against Philly and Minnesota. In our last 10 games, the offense has scored 17 points in the 3rd quarter. That's why we're losing all of these close games.

If we could simply address/fix the 3rd quarter meltdowns we could make the playoffs THIS SEASON. I know Rhule has made some mistakes, but he isn't stupid. He has to realize it. I'd be shocked if this isn't fixed before the end of the season.

Edited by SCO96
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I disagree with this entirely.

We are clearing dead cap, cleaning up the books, bringing in guys on trade that can help us now, and in the future, as well as making moves during the draft to get younger, faster, and trying to collect picks to prevent future massive cap issues.

We are doing it correctly, and had we landed Matt Stafford or Watson (pre abuse), I believe that every person on this board would be singing a different tune.

They are trying, and not doing anything too stupid...that in itself is a breath of fresh air.

different perspective fuzz 

Bottom line in the NFL

1 you draft a QB. Best you can get.   You get a LT. that is how it’s done

~this team could have had the number 3 pick in all rds  that didn’t happen 

2. you don’t acquire a million CBs, several of whom won’t see the field until it’s too late 

3  If you have little  nfl experience, you need to staff around you who does

4. if there are two QBs who are not going to put butts in the seats or win games or hope in the stands, it was Teddy and Sam

all this from a $65 million head coach  

Give me a damned break  he looks lost most of the time on game day….you know…when it counts..,not practice 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

different perspective fuzz 

Bottom line in the NFL

2. you don’t acquire a million CBs, several of whom won’t see the field until it’s too late 

4. if there are two QBs who are not going to put butts in the seats or win games or hope in the stands, it was Teddy and Sam

Give me a damned break  he looks lost most of the time on game day….you know…when it counts..,not practice 

No surprise that the years we have been any good we had a good QB and a good LT. We really took a jump in 03 when we drafted gross and he lasted through all the playoff runs with fox and Rivera. In 15 we got lucky with Oher who had one good year left in him.

this staff and front office are making idiotic moves. You don’t become a contender by signing corners. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

No surprise that the years we have been any good we had a good QB and a good LT. We really took a jump in 03 when we drafted gross and he lasted through all the playoff runs with fox and Rivera. In 15 we got lucky with Oher who had one good year left in him.

this staff and front office are making idiotic moves. You don’t become a contender by signing corners. 

Not only signing corners, trading away future draft picks for guys with 1-2 years left on their deals. That's the super confusing thing they're doing, trading like we're in win now mode and then losing three games in a row. So more than likely Sam gets one more year with another new OC and what if it doesn't work out? Hope theres a franchise QB ready to play day 1 in the 23' draft?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Bottom line in the NFL

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you guys on the LT issue. I had no problems passing on Fields in round one. I just can't get excited about ANY QB from Ohio State. I don't think we're gonna end up regretting getting Horn who could potentially end up being a top 5 cornerback in the NFL.

My problem was trading back in round 2. We passed on six tackles and 3 interior lineman guards to draft a WR who is currently number 3 on our depth chart.  I pull for everyone we draft, but I would have taken a Tackle or Interior lineman over Marshall because they would have had a greater impact this season.  

The silver lining to all of this is that the FO and Rhule realize the O-line has to be fixed in the off season. A failure to do so would be a justification for hiring new people to get this done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1