• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our 1K Yard Receivers From Last Season Are Being Wasted By Darnold's Horrible Play

Proudiddy

Yep deep ball placement is possibly Darnold’s biggest issue followed by decision making. 

That said, this pretty much directly  implies, or at least the thread title does, that TB was better when the same amount of yards were probably chopped up into a dozen 5-6 yard completions with zero ability to throw deep.

Edited by onmyown

I don’t understand what happened on the long ball. Maybe it’s a lack of  practice or repetition? I remember Darnold being money with USC, and the Jets on the long ball. Decision making was questionable at times at USC. The pressure up the middle could possibly have Darnold antsy and incapable of properly stepping into throws. Just a guess based on the elements. 

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yep deep ball placement is possibly Darnold’s biggest issue followed by decision making. 

That said, this pretty much directly  implies, or at least the thread title does, that TB was better when the same amount of yards were probably chopped up into a dozen 5-6 yard completions with zero ability to throw deep.

Teddy was tops or near the tops last year in the same category. Also note, the #1 WR on this list is a guy Teddy *currently* throws to. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

Robbie Anderson is pure trash this year and it has nothing to do with Darnald. Moore is going to get his this year because he's the only WR that can catch a ball. 

Actually it does.  Robby's catch rate was almost identical in his time with the Jets and Sam as it is this year.  I think I saw last year he was up in the 70s.  And he clearly wasn't loafing with Jets or we wouldn't have signed him...  it has to do something with his comfortability and ability to read the ball coming off of Sam's hand...  I guess almost like a batter being able to read and identify pitches as a pitcher releases them, and for that reason, why guys handpick who throws to them in HR Derbys.  They've just never been able to get on the same page, and it has nothing to do with effort.

• Beer 2