• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

We are not even half way through the season and Rhule is trying to limit the number of times Sam throws to whatever is reasonably possible. The is because Sam is terrible, and Rhule places an extreme value on not having picks thrown. Like Teddy would throw a rare pick, and I think he would catch hell for it. Imagine how Rhule feels about interception machine Darnold.  We dumped Teddy for throwing just a few picks over the season (among other reasons), so imagine what will happen to Sam. I think Rhule is going to try and strangle Sam to death as soon as the season is over, let alone cut him from the team. That's a given.

I think Rhule should strangle himself to death first because he failed to upgrade the O-Line before going after a QB.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

His days as our starter--anybody's starter, are numbered. He's destined to be our backup.

backup on our team?

Nah.  He's destined to be a backup on another team if he does not turn it around soon.

BTW, check out this pathetic loser who should never be allowed to don Panthers/Huddle colors again :

5r3r4g.jpg

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/162404-sadly-i-admit-to-feeling-reliefvalidation-in-light-of-darnolds-struggles/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-5121682

Edited by glenwo2

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Probably around Week 10-11, that’s my prediction. Then we’ll lose out with PJ. But you better believe there will still be the PJ Hive saying he’s the future. 

pj will make some moves, the offense rallys around him, panthers will win a few, im gong with 3-4. this is all unlikely because i don't see rhule benching darnold regardless of what darnold does. bridgewater should have been benched after the vikings game last year, but he wasn't.

16 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

pj will make some moves, the offense rallys around him, panthers will win a few, im gong with 3-4. this is all unlikely because i don't see rhule benching darnold regardless of what darnold does. bridgewater should have been benched after the vikings game last year, but he wasn't.

Rhule is going to live or die with Sam at QB....no guarantee he won't be bald by the end of the season after pulling all his hair out, though....

9 hours ago, CRA said:

Depends how bad it gets. 

If we end up winning only 5-6 games and he has a worse season than he did in 2019 with the Jets? 

Well, good luck to Tepper selling that.  It will mark the first time in franchise history with 4 consecutive losing season.  With a promise of NY Sam coming back?  

think for Sam to return, things will have to turn around from the current outlook.  If we continue poorly….the football gods will require sacrifices. That’s the NFL.   And Joe Brady won’t be enough. 

I believe you to be right 

followed this team, in person, for a very long time and the only time I can recall so many PSL owners selling were thE 

1.  Siefert Chris Wienke era and of course

2. Fox Clausen era

many are just not buying the product on sale by Tepper 

They aren’t buying Rhule and his assistants and Sam Darnold and they know when all that is marketed is a running back, well that doesn’t put butts in the seats 

they aren’t blind to 3, soon to be 4, losing seasons under Tepper 

when Darnold threw that opening interception, you could hear the deflation  then the boos rained down on darnold’s head very quickly on the two time out debacles 

they are tired of other team’s throwaways at QB

watching ineptitude year after year gets very tiring particularly when one is paying for it  in person.   watch on tv, you can turn it off  watch in person and you’ve wasted a day to day and a half plus money 

ill say this too, the stadium atmosphere is missing a great deal  it used to have a bit of class about it.  No more  it’s hard to explain but looking at those expensive on field seats put in for soccer at the cost of football PSL owners that also used to be full of kids looking for footballs, it’s just not special anymore in anyway and seeing the football team store being 33% soccer, 66% CMC and 1% everyone else also tells a story 

personally, Sam Darnold is like Charlie Brown, so pitiably inept that you want him to do well as no one can be that bad   It’s a shame really   All the physical talent in the world   

winning cures all

• Flames 4

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Curious as to how many here believe he will and how many here think he won't.

I think he might but it's also too early to tell.  

If he plays like sh-t against the Giants next Sunday, though.....

(I also am attempting to create my first poll here so hopefully I did it right but if not, f*ck it)

If he is gone, what is option B?

9 hours ago, HotelSoapy! said:

A bigger mistake was not drafting Justin Fields. We would not have been good this year, but we would have a rookie getting some experience and our 2nd rd pick next year. Instead we gave up both of those for the guy who was the worst QB in the league for the past three years. 

I think Darnold hasn't bottomed out either, its gonna get worse. He will get replaced by PJ at some point.

Its early, but Fields has looked pretty bad so far

16 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

followed this team, in person, for a very long time and the only time I can recall so many PSL owners selling were thE 

2. Fox Clausen era

They aren’t buying Rhule and his assistants and Sam Darnold and they know when all that is marketed is a running back, well that doesn’t put butts in the seats 

when Darnold threw that opening interception, you could hear the deflation  then the boos rained down on darnold’s head very quickly on the two time out debacles 

watching ineptitude year after year gets very tiring particularly when one is paying for it  in person.   watch on tv, you can turn it off  watch in person and you’ve wasted a day to day and a half plus money 

ill say this too, the stadium atmosphere is missing a great deal  it used to have a bit of class about it.  No more  it’s hard to explain but looking at those expensive on field seats put in for soccer at the cost of football PSL owners that also used to be full of kids looking for footballs, it’s just not special anymore in anyway and seeing the football team store being 33% soccer, 66% CMC and 1% everyone else also tells a story 

personally, Sam Darnold is like Charlie Brown, so pitiably inept that you want him to do well as no one can be that bad   It’s a shame really   All the physical talent in the world   

winning cures all

The two timeouts thing was something I never saw before even when he was with the Jets.  

Then again, isn't it the Coach's job to notice when a player isn't in his proper position on the field and then call a timeout?

Maybe Sam was trying to do Rhule's job for him or something?

Anyway, that first INT did take the air out of the place....but don't forget it inflated back up after the "D" came up with a huge strip-sack-fumble to get the ball back which led to the Chuba TD.

So the Crowd was back at that point. 

And then the drops began..... sigh... 😐

BTW, that fumble by DJ really REALLY hurt and it ultimately (in hindsight) turned out to be a costly one as it gave the Vikings back-to-back TDs basically.  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

If he’s here it should be as a backup only.  This rebuild, as people are calling it, is being done ass backwards. QB and O-line should have been addressed first, before signing and drafting 100 defensive players. We are putting together a roster for a version of the NFL that hasn’t been around for at least 20 years.

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

2. Fox Clausen era

winning cures all

I haven’t been to as many games as you. On average I go to one home game a year. I was at the game Sunday and I’ve never heard our crowd boo the team as loudly as they did when the two timeouts were called.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

If he’s here it should be as a backup only.  This rebuild, as people are calling it, is being done ass backwards. QB and O-line should have been addressed first, before signing and drafting 100 defensive players. We are putting together a roster for a version of the NFL that hasn’t been around for at least 20 years.

I would've focused 1000% on the O-Line *FIRST* before even thinking of QB.

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I haven’t been to as many games as you. On average I go to one home game a year. I was at the game Sunday and I’ve never heard our crowd boo the team as loudly as they did when the two timeouts were called.

How loud was the crowd when Sam led the team on that 96-yard TD Drive and 2pt conversion?   

I think Sam redeemed himself from that ridiculous double-timeout garbage at that point in the crowd's eyes.

Edited by glenwo2