• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

From Teddy to Sam to Tua...too depressing for this early in a crappy season. I just can't, it's like we are addicted to putting hope on guys who played their best ball in college. The tape on all 3 is reason enough to say 'hell no'. 

Well as someone said, we might not be bad enough to have a shot at Malik Willis so....

Just now, Scum of the Turf said:

Ridiculous thread.  Sam is good , oline is bad.  Sam is also young.  He has a lot of tools to work with.  Give him an oline before you say he’s done

I didn't create the thread titled "Is Sam Darnold done?".

I created the thread asking if Sam makes it to a 2nd season here. 

This was in no way bashing his skills, only asking for everyone's opinion on what will happen.

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

From Teddy to Sam to Tua...too depressing for this early in a crappy season. I just can't, it's like we are addicted to putting hope on guys who played their best ball in college. The tape on all 3 is reason enough to say 'hell no'. 

At least they tried to get Stafford and Watson, so they know what a good QB actually looks like. We just can't have them dumpster diving for backup QB's or obvious busts again.

We have to find a competent QB.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

At least they tried to get Stafford and Watson, so they know what a good QB actually looks like. We just can't have them dumpster diving for backup QB's or obvious busts again.

We have to find a competent QB.

All true, I just can't pretend Tua is anything different than the other two. If we were talking about a quality backup, my tune would change. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All true, I just can't pretend Tua is anything different than the other two. If we were talking about a quality backup, my tune would change. 

I'd definitely rather have Tua than Darnold or Teddy but I am not sure that is really saying much. I would certainly not be willing to invest much draft capital in obtaining someone like Tua. Nor would I view him as the future.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

Uh yeah that's anything but a settled fact. Still very much up and down is the best compliment you can give at this point.

Would love for there to be more of the "Up" part...

...unfortunately at times, that is preceded by the word "Throw" this season.....

55 minutes ago, Scum of the Turf said:

Ridiculous thread.  Sam is good , oline is bad.  Sam is also young.  He has a lot of tools to work with.  Give him an oline before you say he’s done

LOL. So what you are saying is Darnold is only good with a good O-line. Which is the opposite of a good QB. Gotcha. 
A good starting QB can find success no matter the condition of the O-line. 
Saying Darnold is good and just needs a better O-line shows a lot of tunnel vision on your part. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Rhule going down with the ship, huh? I am fine with him being on the team as a backup. 

So who starts at QB if Sam is the backup?

I keep hearing how Sam would be a decent backup and all but no solutions as far as who QB1 would be.

And don't say Watson because I do not see Fitt giving up THREE 1st-rounders for him (which is what Houston STILL demands).

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If Darnold is gone then this coaching staff should leave with him. You don’t get to keep experimenting with QBs. 

Theoretically, you're correct.

But Rhule was given a 7-year deal so he might have one final chance....