• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sam-howell-2022-nfl-draft-stock-mid-season-tdn100

Oline or not he is at best an average athlete with average size with an average arm.   Locks onto his wideouts and gets happy feet in the pocket.  He did this last season with a good oline.  He does throw a nice deep ball but I pray to God Darnold turns it around and we dont hitch our wagon to this.   Like kungfo says someone will probably fall in love with him in the top 10 but he is nowhere near worthy.

Where would he fit in this past years draft?   Probably after Mac Jones.  Thats telling. 

Yeah, I think he is a talented kid that will play in the NFL but I suspect he is more of a journeyman backup level player.

I keep seeing the hype on Malik Willis too, who is another guy I think is a very unimpressive prospect.

This is just a bad, bad QB class.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sam-howell-2022-nfl-draft-stock-mid-season-tdn100

Oline or not he is at best an average athlete with average size with an average arm.   Locks onto his wideouts and gets happy feet in the pocket.  He did this last season with a good oline.  He does throw a nice deep ball but I pray to God Darnold turns it around and we dont hitch our wagon to this.   Like kungfo says someone will probably fall in love with him in the top 10 but he is nowhere near worthy.

Where would he fit in this past years draft?   Probably after Mac Jones.  Thats telling. 

Average arm. AVERAGE ARM.

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Straight clown show bias.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The crazy thing is the OL is the same. They did play really well last year and they've been trash this year. Turns out, they were just floated by having two NFL RBs. Take away those two drafted RBs and two drafted WRs and they get exposed while Howell and Josh Downs perform heroics to carry the offense.

Oh that's right they did have two sick RBs. But I also do remember the WRs doin thangs.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I think he is a talented kid that will play in the NFL but I suspect he is more of a journeyman backup level player.

I keep seeing the hype on Malik Willis too, who is another guy I think is a very unimpressive prospect.

Now they are talking about Malik #1 overall I think. Someone gonna get paid for this being a bad class though as teams are going to overreach now since the Mahommes, Watson, Jackson, Herbert stuff. No one is going to want to be the team that missed out so there will be some reaches going forward as tends to happen in these cycles.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Oh that's right they did have two sick RBs. But I also do remember the WRs doin thangs.

Now they are talking about Malik #1 overall I think. Someone gonna get paid for this being a bad class though as teams are going to overreach now since the Mahommes, Watson, Jackson, Herbert stuff. No one is going to want to be the team that missed out so there will be some reaches going forward as tends to happen in these cycles.

I suspect this is gonna be one of those years where QB prospects drop down the draft. Might only see one in the top 10 and 2 in the first round.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOLOLOL!!!!!

gif-18.gif

In this one he just kinda flicks it 35 yards in air without even stepping into it

deep_ball.gif

This one is in the air 45 yards and looks pretty effortless. I don't know squirt about the guy but from the small sample size his arm doesn't look weak

I like Howell more than willis but that aint saying much.  The only game I have seen of Corral was against bama and he looked okay but not really sure what his forte is.  He is a bit small but doesnt run a bunch, not overly accurate, not really seeing how he is moving into the top 10.

But overall we picked a bad year to be drafting a qb in the first.  Seems to be a good/great year for Tackles and interior lineman

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOLOLOL!!!!!

How is that bias?  I dont pull for him or against him I just watch the games. And I am certainly not the poster with him as my avatar.  

Look up every scouting report on him and they say the same.   His arm is average and he gets happy feet and holds the ball too long when under pressure. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I like Howell more than willis but that aint saying much.  The only game I have seen of Corral was against bama and he looked okay but not really sure what his forte is.  He is a bit small but doesnt run a bunch, not overly accurate, not really seeing how he is moving into the top 10.

But overall we picked a bad year to be drafting a qb in the first.  Seems to be a good/great year for Tackles and interior lineman

I 100% don't get the hype on Corral. Everything about him screams college level player that won't translate well in the NFL. Very average skill sets.

I hope we take take best OL available in the first or maybe trade down into the second and grab another 2nd/3rd so we can take snag 2-3 OL.

I wouldn't be upset at all with our first ever OL only draft.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/film-dont-lie-sam-howell-is-a-good-qb-but-a-limited-one

Oh wait, here is a report from SI discussing his average arm strength and tendency to hold the ball too long because he locks unto a wr. 

He may turn into an all world qb but I would prefer one that is a bit bigger and more athletic for starters.

Edited by mrcompletely11

I wouldn't be upset at all with our first ever OL only draft.

I wouldn't hate it. Got young talent all over the D no worries there just resign Reddick

Young offense and just resign DJ Moore and there it really is for the must haves. IF we can work in DJackson then w/e if not we clearly have DBs for days now so not as must have as it used to be.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I wouldn't hate it. Got young talent all over the D no worries there just resign Reddick

Young offense and just resign DJ Moore and there it really is for the must haves. IF we can work in DJackson then w/e if not we clearly have DBs for days now so not as must have as it used to be.

I just hope we dont trade down in the first or out all together trying to accumulate lost picks.  Especially if there is a highly rated LT there.   I suspect this will not be the case because the qb class is so weak few teams are going to want to move up.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just hope we dont trade down in the first or out all together trying to accumulate lost picks.  Especially if there is a highly rated LT there.   I suspect this will not be the case because the qb class is so weak few teams are going to want to move up.

Right depending on where we draft will help dictate that because later in the 1st round is where the great centers usually go and even 2nd round but since we don't have a 2nd I'm good with a C there. If we are picking top 10 b/c the bottom keeps falling out then LT option may be on the table. Just gotta get the best OL for the spot we're picking

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/film-dont-lie-sam-howell-is-a-good-qb-but-a-limited-one

Oh wait, here is a report from SI discussing his average arm strength and tendency to hold the ball too long because he locks unto a wr. 

He may turn into an all world qb but I would prefer one that is a bit bigger and more athletic for starters.

Yeah, that is why you see comparisons to Baker or McCoy. He isn't noodle armed at all but he has average NFL arm strength. 

The biggest concern is his myriad of mechanical issues and that offense UNC runs. He seems Ike a guy that could use a year or two on the bench getting that all fixed. 

Also, he has traditionally struggled pretty badly against pressure so this is about the worst scenario possible for him. He seems more like a prospect for a team with an aging, competent veteran in place.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm okay trading down if we can snag some extra 2nd and 3rd rounders to use on OL. But, if there is clearly an elite OT or IOL available, don't fug that up and take the kid. Even just adding one more solid player on the OL would be a massive improvement.

If we can add just TWO more above average OL in the offseason, I think we can see huge improvements

• Beer 1