• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, agree to disagree. I don't think I want any of the options in this draft at QB. Not to mention....who the fug are they gonna learn from? Not that guy. 

As strange as it may sound, I'd probably rather go bring in someone like Fitzpatrick/Dalton/Taylor/etc. Just some starting quality veteran who can give us a little breather while we find the eventual guy. 

Dalton? Sure. He's damn near Pickles bad these days. That's top 5 pick bound for sure.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, agree to disagree. I don't think I want any of the options in this draft at QB. Not to mention....who the fug are they gonna learn from? Not that guy. 

As strange as it may sound, I'd probably rather go bring in someone like Fitzpatrick/Dalton/Taylor/etc. Just some starting quality veteran who can give us a little breather while we find the eventual guy. 

Narp to all but Tyrod Taylor. I hope they do let him go so we can pick him up and see how it goes until we can bring in our QB of the future.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dalton? Sure. He's damn near Pickles bad these days. That's top 5 pick bound for sure.

He's better than what we have. I realize that isn't saying much.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Narp to all but Tyrod Taylor. I hope they do let him go so we can pick him up and see how it goes until we can bring in our QB of the future.

He's only on a one year deal with them. I would love to get him in Carolina to add some stability while we find the next guy. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I literally cannot wrap my head around picking up the 5th year. It was a bad idea then and it's looks even worse in hindsight. 

Yep. So dumb. If Darnold played well, you re-sign him. Tag him at worst. All we did was tie ourselves to a lot more guaranteed money for a guy that had shown very little to deserve it. If we didn't pick up that option, we could move on from him after this season with zero future cap damage. Yeah, we'd be out the three draft picks, but that was the case either way.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Whats worse, giving cmac a huge deal unnecessarily, extending robbie or giving darnold his 5th year?

I'd say 1. Darnold, 2. CMC, 3. Robby. At least the Robby deal was relatively short and reasonably priced. CMC is a stud but my feelings on top money for a RB are well known. Darnold though....JFC.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. So dumb. If Darnold played well, you re-sign him. Tag him at worst. All we did was tie ourselves to a lot more guaranteed money for a guy that had shown very little to deserve it. If we didn't pick up that option, we could move on from him after this season with zero future cap damage. Yeah, we'd be out the three draft picks, but that was the case either way.

Like Rhule said....they are clearly "all in" on Sam. I'd love to hear the comments behind the scenes. I bet not a lot positive is being said in private. 

You know, the more and more I think about this.....we should really go hard at Tyrod this offseason. His deal is up in Houston, he was only getting $5.5 mil. Why not pay him $6-8 mil/year on a two year deal and have some stability for a couple of seasons while we build that OL up?

I actually really, really like that idea. He's cheaper and better than Teddy or Darnold. Nothing spectacular about him, just a steady journeyman QB that takes care of the ball.

Edited by kungfoodude

It’s the same 5 folks saying the same thing in every thread.

Come on folks, take a break he will be here for this year and more than likely next year too.

I am willing to let the session play out, hope that they improve the Oline in the offseason and see what progress Sam makes from now until the end of next year. 
I have trouble making declarations and speaking of absolutes when he is only 6 games in and the team has won half of them with 11 games still to go.

4 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

It’s the same 5 folks saying the same thing in every thread.

Come on folks, take a break he will be here for this year and more than likely next year too.

I am willing to let the session play out, hope that they improve the Oline in the offseason and see what progress Sam makes from now until the end of next year. 
I have trouble making declarations and speaking of absolutes when he is only 6 games in and the team has won half of them with 11 games still to go.

It is Sam’s 4th year as a starting NFL QB.    Think it is safe to speak on him not being a very good at playing QB at this point.  Who has clear cut issues that have nothing to do with the Jets.  They exist here and were the same concerns coming out of USC. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I’d like to hear what Tepper has to say.  If reports are to be believed….he is the Watson and Fields guy.  

and you hired people that wanted to fix Sam Darnold and have done nothing for our OL. 

This is Sam’s 4th year as a starting NFL QB.    Think it is safe to speak on him not being a very good at playing QB at this point.  Who has clear cut issues that have nothing to do with the Jets.  They exist here and were the same concerns coming out of USC. 

Oh I bet the Tepper comments are brutal. When I saw him watching the game in his box alone, that spoke volumes. I think our coaching staff is in for a blistering if this losing streak continues. 

Anyone who thinks Darnold is going to be anything different that his past 44 games started....I just don't know what to say to you. The problems are the same and so incredibly obvious. 

I am fine talking about QB next year because he will clearly be up to get replaced, whether he stays on the roster or not remains to be seen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1