Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?


glenwo2
 Share

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

    • Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just hope we dont trade down in the first or out all together trying to accumulate lost picks.  Especially if there is a highly rated LT there.   I suspect this will not be the case because the qb class is so weak few teams are going to want to move up.

I'm okay trading down if we can snag some extra 2nd and 3rd rounders to use on OL. But, if there is clearly an elite OT or IOL available, don't fug that up and take the kid. Even just adding one more solid player on the OL would be a massive improvement.

If we can add just TWO more above average OL in the offseason, I think we can see huge improvements

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How is that bias?  I dont pull for him or against him I just watch the games. And I am certainly not the poster with him as my avatar.  

 

Look up every scouting report on him and they say the same.   His arm is average and he gets happy feet and holds the ball too long when under pressure. 

I honestly haven't paid any attention to the scouting reports because I've watched every college game he's played. Your bias shows because the mere thought of Howell can't come up without you seeing a bat signal to come running to throw shade. LOL!

Average arm. LOLOLOL!!!

http://gifs.com/gif/gZzMmD

Is 55 in the air without even showing much effort with a DE bearing down on him good enough?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that is why you see comparisons to Baker or McCoy. He isn't noodle armed at all but he has average NFL arm strength. 

The biggest concern is his myriad of mechanical issues and that offense UNC runs. He seems Ike a guy that could use a year or two on the bench getting that all fixed. 

Also, he has traditionally struggled pretty badly against pressure so this is about the worst scenario possible for him. He seems more like a prospect for a team with an aging, competent veteran in place.

Have you been watching this year? I think you're inadvertently telling on yourself. He's had less clean pockets than Darnold has this year. The UNC OL has barely been present. There's a reason why he has multiple 100 yard rushing games this year. The guy is running for his life every snap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly haven't paid any attention to the scouting reports because I've watched ever college game he's played. Your bias shows because the mere thought of Howell can't come up without you seeing a bat signal to come running to throw shade. LOL!

Average arm. LOLOLOL!!!

https://gifs.com/gif/gZzMmD

 

Funny in that gif he is throwing a rainbow and the wr has to slow down to catch it.

 

You keep saying bias but I am not the one with his pic. 

 

For the record I have consistently said he is talented and throws a good deep ball but it would scare the fuging bejesus out of me to pick him in the first and trot him out there thinking he is our franchise qb for the future.    Dude you are taking this way too personal because of your fandom.  Its cool.  But take a second and read other posters evaluation of him and then look at the scouting reports.  None are saying he has a shoulder cannon etc....  He will be going into the league with an average arm, average size (at best) and average athleticism.   That scares me for a franchise qb

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Funny in that gif he is throwing a rainbow and the wr has to slow down to catch it.

 

You keep saying bias but I am not the one with his pic. 

 

For the record I have consistently said he is talented and throws a good deep ball but it would scare the fuging bejesus out of me to pick him in the first and trot him out there thinking he is our franchise qb for the future.    Dude you are taking this way too personal because of your fandom.  Its cool.  But take a second and read other posters evaluation of him and then look at the scouting reports.  None are saying he has a shoulder cannon etc....  He will be going into the league with an average arm, average size (at best) and average athleticism.   That scares me for a franchise qb

I'm not taking it personally. I'm just laughing at how you show up in nanoseconds at any mention of Howell to come in with your hot take, "Listen, I'm not biased but..." You're clearly biased. That's all. I am too but at least I'll admit it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not taking it personally. I'm just laughing at how you show up in nanoseconds at any mention of Howell to come in with your hot take, "Listen, I'm not biased but..." You're clearly biased. That's all. I am too but at least I'll admit it.

How the fug am I biased?  I say Willis scares the fug out of me to as well as corral.  Do you even know the meaning of the word?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you been watching this year? I think you're inadvertently telling on yourself. He's had less clean pockets than Darnold has this year. The UNC OL has barely been present. There's a reason why he has multiple 100 yard rushing games this year. The guy is running for his life every snap.

I haven't watched every game, just 3 of them.

Not saying he isn't getting a lot of pressure but that is kind of what I mean with the struggling with pressure. He is clearly not playing as well this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How the fug am I biased?  I say Willis scares the fug out of me to as well as corral.  Do you even know the meaning of the word?

You show up within seconds of any mention of Howell with your "unbiased" shade. It wouldn't be so important for you to do that if you weren't biased and emotionally compelled. You're biased. That's all. Embrace it. Lean into it. We all have biases. It's okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I haven't watched every game, just 3 of them.

Not saying he isn't getting a lot of pressure but that is kind of what I mean with the struggling with pressure. He is clearly not playing as well this year. 

He has one receiver and that OL makes the Panthers' seem solid. Watch more games. Without Howell, UNC would be getting wrecked week in and week out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He has one receiver and that OL makes the Panthers' seem solid. Watch more games. Without Howell, UNC would be getting wrecked week in and week out.

Yeah, I don't deny that but UNC is not an NFL team nor are any of his opponents NFL teams.

IMO, he has average NFL arm strength. That really doesn't matter as much as his mechanical issues to me. He has a LOT of things to fix in that realm. Other than that, some nice intangibles, a very nice deep ball and a decent athlete. If this were a different version of the Panthers, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him in the 2nd or 3rd round but this is the OL optional, need a starting QB now version of the Panthers. We don't have a team that will allow him to get better or be successful at all because he isn't going to be a day one ready to play guy. 

I understand you are a UNC fan but why would you want to see your college crush be put in a situation that he is going to fail in? We aren't the team where he is going to get better.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just hope we dont trade down in the first or out all together trying to accumulate lost picks.  Especially if there is a highly rated LT there.   I suspect this will not be the case because the qb class is so weak few teams are going to want to move up.

If there are several great oline prospects, I could see a lot of teams wanting to move up for them especially if teams aren't even willing to trade backups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't deny that but UNC is not an NFL team nor are any of his opponents NFL teams.

IMO, he has average NFL arm strength. That really doesn't matter as much as his mechanical issues to me. He has a LOT of things to fix in that realm. Other than that, some nice intangibles, a very nice deep ball and a decent athlete. If this were a different version of the Panthers, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him in the 2nd or 3rd round but this is the OL optional, need a starting QB now version of the Panthers. We don't have a team that will allow him to get better or be successful at all because he isn't going to be a day one ready to play guy. 

I understand you are a UNC fan but why would you want to see your college crush be put in a situation that he is going to fail in? We aren't the team where he is going to get better.

Darnold is gonna be here next year. We've already picked up his fifth year option. I just want him playing wet nurse to a drafted QB and my preference is Howell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...