• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing to the Giants - should someone get fired?

hepcat

I never thought I would have said this 3 weeks ago, but there's a pretty good chance the Panthers lose to the 1-5 Giants. There have been far too many moments they appear listless, unmotivated, gassed, and poorly coached. They have been downright embarrassing to watch at times. They do not appear like a team that was 3-0 at one point. Quite frankly the Panthers do not seem to like winning anymore.

A loss to a very bad, injury depleted Giants team would signal a firm end to what was initially a promising season. There would be no hope of winning another game if the Panthers lose to this bottom 5 team, and there is every reason to believe the losing streak will be much longer if it doesn't end Sunday.

Who should shoulder the blame? Should there be some coach firings? Benching some starters? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

we will beat the Giants.  

the stretch from NE until the last game in Tampa.....is when I think the football gods will start demanding sacrifaces every couple weeks.    

I hope so I’m just embracing the impending chaotic misery this team brings us almost every year 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

we will beat the Giants.  

the stretch from NE until the last game in Tampa.....is when I think the football gods will start demanding sacrifaces every couple weeks.    

We have seen two distinctly different versions of the 2021 Panthers. I really have no idea which one to expect on Sunday.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

We have seen two distinctly different versions of the 2021 Panthers. I really have no idea which one to expect on Sunday.

Honestly, I’m not sure the coaches can put out winning game plans anymore. It’s already apparently clear they can’t do much of anything in the second half besides the two minute drill. That much has been constant throughout the 6 games. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

This is a bit hyperbolic. Losing would suck but I don't think this is the moment the wheels necessarily come off nor should we start firing/hiring/etc.

I’m not sure. The confidence of the players and coaches of this team would have to be as low as it ever has been under Rhule after losing 4 straight games, the most recent one being to a bottom feeder team. I think they need to blow out the Giants 2013 game style. Even a close hard fought win would be a bit concerning. The Giants are maybe the worst team in the NFL after all their injuries. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly, I’m not sure the coaches can put out winning game plans anymore. It’s already apparently clear they can’t do much of anything in the second half besides the two minute drill. That much has been constant throughout the 6 games. 

Well, we are gonna see because CMC is on the sidelines for a while now. No safety valve to work with. I sincerely hope they are serious about getting back to basics and establishing the run. We definitely are going to struggle putting the team on Darnold's back for him to carry.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m not sure. The confidence of the players and coaches of this team would have to be as low as it ever has been under Rhule after losing 4 straight games, the most recent one being to a bottom feeder team. I think they need to blow out the Giants 2013 game style. Even a close hard fought win would be a bit concerning. The Giants are maybe the worst team in the NFL after all their injuries. 

Yeah, I do have concern about the morale. I didn't really have that last year because we kept fighting back in games. If we start seeing the team lay down, then I will know we are done.