• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Panthers easing Stephon Gilmore back into practice

The guy is literally at the age when good DBs are wearing out and retiring. And it's been discussed that he may hang it up after this year.

We bought a steak on its expiration date and hoping it'll still be good for next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

There were reports saying he was healthy and could have come off the PUP weeks ago if allowed. Now he needs to be eased into practice. 

You can’t trust anything Matt Rhule says anymore.

FTFY

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

The guy is literally at the age when good DBs are wearing out and retiring. And it's been discussed that he may hang it up after this year.

We bought a steak on its expiration date and hoping it'll still be good for next weekend.

My honest take aka my normal take is this. he took a big step back last year. Pats/Bill were right about not giving him more years/$$$$/whatever, cause he is not the player he was. 

All that said, you still do the trade for a 2023 6th, cause thats a 6th. You know panthers/nfl history with 6th rounders....*dont even ...... Even the recent draft of ShiSmith, DBrown, and a fuging long safety. Two of those I thought were legit steals.......one finally got a gameday jersey in week 6, the other two are on IR due to "reasons". Gillmore could sign a deal and panthers could get a 3-6 comp pick in 2023 back. Pats are even paying for most of his salary. Plus hes a local and wanted to play here, thats very rare.

He won the DPOTY as a CB, his football IQ is still fresh even with the step back. He is also more Djack insurance in case he gos Richard Marshall..... I think the panthers will have to tag Djack in order to keep him.....it maybe another Josh Norman deal, but unlike that, this group is DEEEEEEEP deepest in panthers history so long horn comes back healthy*

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Rhule sure does a lot of ‘easing’ .  He best find a way to ease into a win the next two Sundays 

He's not really even planning to win this season. He traded for him so we can sign him for next year. Thus how the pick worked out.