• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans have had serious trade talks regarding Deshaun Watson with Dolphins, Eagles, and Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

Unless there are massive settlements to his victims, public apologies, public statements of forgiveness, and activism against sexual assault/rape in Watsons future I’d never be a fan of this team again. 

It’s a giant slap in the face for this to be so public and STILL sign the guy? Not only that but trade the future for him? It’d set the franchise back a decade. 

There are other QBs. I don’t want a hometown SuperBowl brought home by this guy. 

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

No reasonable player would want to be subject to punishment based on possible false allegations. The NFLPA suit failed, but that doesn't mean they were wrong. They were morally correct imo, and it's a shame the rules favor profitability over moral correctness.

The thing is, he's not even on the exempt list right now. He hasn't forced anyone's hand. Not the Texans. Not the NFL. If he truly wants to play, he should show up at the team's facilities. Force the Texans to either bench him or force the NFL to out him on the exempt list. As long as he stays away it's a godsend for the NFL. They don't have to do anything.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

You trade for Watson and you start him. You force the NFL to do something, and see if they back down. If the NFL makes him exempt, then you get the NFLPA involved. If he stays exempt, then you plan for next season with a franchise QB. If the NFL backs down, then you plan for a possible SB run.

Or you don’t trade for his ass at all

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The thing is, he's not even on the exempt list right now. He hasn't forced anyone's hand. Not the Texans. Not the NFL. If he truly wants to play, he should show up at the team's facilities. Force the Texans to either bench him or force the NFL to out him on the exempt list. As long as he stays away it's a godsend for the NFL. They don't have to do anything.

Even assuming he doesn't want to play for the Texan, he may want to play after he is traded. I think that the instant he is traded he will be forced onto the exempt list. I think that's wrong assuming that happens, but it's of course within the rules.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Even assuming he doesn't want to play for the Texan, he may want to play after he is traded. I think that the instant he is traded he will be forced onto the exempt list. I think that's wrong assuming that happens, but it's of course within the rules.

He should show up and find out. Make some noise. As long as he stays away no one's hand is forced.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

What is important here is that after 6 games the coaching staff has realized that Sam Darnold is not the answer at QB

You can tell that Matt Rhule and Joe Brady are not comfortable/don’t trust Sam.

There is a franchise QB currently available that would thrust a team into instant contenders.

You can bet Scott Fitterer is doing all he can in an attempt to acquire Deshaun Watson and if it costs us Brian Burns/Donte Jackson so be it 

They can have Burns at this point. Lock up Reddick and let’s do the damn thing. 

• Pie 1

The fact that we are even still included in this should tell everybody we are pretty much done with Darnold when it comes to this staff. Personally, If i had of known this experiment was gonna come to this after just 6 weeks i wouldn't have been interested at all and completely against it. This is just turning into a mess..... again. A loss against the Giants sunday is really gonna spiral things outta control...i already see it.

• Pie 3

58 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Tua is awful dude. Not sure what you're watching.

He looked fine last game. He also has a terrible line and no weapons (although Waddle is starting to look good) and STILL looked solid. Over 300 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT with 70% completion rate while having injured ribs in London. His top running back had like 20 rushing yards… 

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

The fact that we are even still included in this should tell everybody we are pretty much done with Darnold when it comes to this staff. Personally, If i had of known this experiment was gonna come to this after just 6 weeks i wouldn't have been interested at all and completely against it. This is just turning into a mess..... again. A loss against the Giants sunday is really gonna spiral things outta control...i already see it.

I don’t know if it means we are officially done with him. If a chance to greatly upgrade a position becomes available we would be dumb not to look into it. If Aaron Donald became available and we traded Brown (plus more) for him, it doesn’t mean we really gave up on Brown, just had an opportunity to get better.

• Pie 1

Can you trade for a guy and have a clause that if he is found guilty/gets forced vacation time away from the team by the court or by the NFL we get some draft capital back? It’s too big of a risk to trade for him before his court stuff plays out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He should show up and find out. Make some noise. As long as he stays away no one's hand is forced.

What do you mean “show up?” It’s not like he can just storm the field with the first team and demand to practice. The coaches tell the team who’s on the field when. 

L

Less than two weeks until the NFL trade deadline, the Houston Texans have continued to engage in conversations regarding quarterback Deshaun Watson. One source characterized the discussions with the Miami Dolphins as serious.

However, multiple other sources told The Athletic as of Wednesday evening a deal does not appear to be imminent. A couple of sources with knowledge of the situation indicated it’s common this time of year for teams to drum up interest in a player to increase the trade price.

The Houston Chronicle first reported on Wednesday that a trade for Watson could be coming this week. The Texans have been asking teams for three first-round draft picks and two or three more assets, including a collection of picks or players, according to a source.

In addition to the Dolphins, the Texans have had recent discussions with the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles, according to sources. However, the seriousness of those discussions — ranging from a casual conversation to actual trade negotiations — hasn’t been disclosed.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson-trade-discussions-serious-but-deal-not-imminent-sources/EFX14FMzbRIb/

• The D 1