• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans have had serious trade talks regarding Deshaun Watson with Dolphins, Eagles, and Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Let's take a second to look at his first "win" as a Dolphin.  It was against the Rams.  He threw for 93 yards.  Pay extra close attention to the number of plays ran and yards gained.  Does this look like a QB who had a good game?  He literally punted every single possession of the 2nd half.🤣

image.png.e99027dedeb46d14d444b70afe6f6fbd.png

Now let's look at his loss to Denver that year.  He threw for 83 yards despite playing all but 2 drives of the game.  He got benched for Fitz.  Here's the drive chart.  He had a bunch of 3 and outs and punts...with one real drive for a field goal and a short field TD the D set up with an interception.  I marked out the last 2 drives because they were Fitz.  Does this look like a QB who had a good day? 

image.png.1b679513571ce98a37c0217b512df673.png

Here is his "win" against the Raiders.  He had 94 yards passing despite playing all but the last 3 drives of the game...where Fitz came in and scored on all 3 of them while putting up twice the yardage of Tua with close to half the passing attempts.  Fitz won this game after Tua got benched.  Does this look like a QB who had a good day?

image.png.1e392d883aae667078dd14d435380bd3.png

Okay.  You cherry picked some bad stuff from the 13 games of a young QB on a bad team.  

No one is saying he is Aaron Rodgers right now or on  pace.  You can cherry pick a lot of disatrous stuff for a lof of QBs that haven't played a full season yet.  Trevor, Fields, Wilson.  That's just this class.  Go look at Sam's rookie year.  Hell, just look at Sam's last season....think he pulled off 3 INTs, a FL and 2 of those were pick 6s all in a half of football.

They have been able to win with Tua.  That says somehting.  Good completion %.  Good endzone to turnover ratio.  Again, he is just a couple games into his career with a bad team.   Yeah, there is plenty of bad there.  There is suppose to be. 

Point isn't that he is great, point is you don't see teams so boldly moving on from what Tua is and has been yet.   We got peoploe to this day doing mental gymnastics on Sam Darnold and Tua can't even get 16 games lol. 

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are we really so desperate to win that we're willing to cheer on a serial sexual predator? Honestly, I'm not. I mean, I stumped for Watson for a long time. But 20+ women aren't all lying. Assuming they can all prove they provided Watson with massage services that alone is a huge red flag and that's something former players have pointed out as well.

Is that’s what we’re calling him?

I mean we had a racist and sexual predator as a owner for 25 years and didn’t win poo. 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Is that’s what we’re calling him?

I mean we had a racist and sexual predator as a owner for 25 years and didn’t win poo. 

I think his point was that we just managed to rid the franchise of said racist and predator...and we're going to just go right back and acquire another one to be the Face Of The Franchise? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

I think his point was that we just managed to rid the franchise of said racist and predator...and we're going to just go right back and acquire another one to be the Face Of The Franchise? 🤷‍♂️

To help us win games? Absolutely. Worked for Pittsburgh. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Speaking to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said he hasn't "done any work" on other quarterbacks leading up to the trade deadline. 

"I believe Sam (Darnold) will be a great quarterback for the Carolina Panthers," Rhule added.

Oh poo he is getting cut….

• Flames 2

11 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Speaking to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said he hasn't "done any work" on other quarterbacks leading up to the trade deadline. 

"I believe Sam (Darnold) will be a great quarterback for the Carolina Panthers," Rhule added.

I mean, what "work" needs to be done on Watson?  Hes one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL.  Period.  Hes a known commodity at this point. And notice he didnt say that Fitty hasn't done any work on any other QBs...

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean, what "work" needs to be done on Watson?  Hes one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL.  Period.  Hes a known commodity at this point. And notice he didnt say that Fitty hasn't done any work on any other QBs...

So he's NOT lying!!!!!!

Oh Rhule you

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are we really so desperate to win that we're willing to cheer on a serial sexual predator? Honestly, I'm not. I mean, I stumped for Watson for a long time. But 20+ women aren't all lying. Assuming they can all prove they provided Watson with massage services that alone is a huge red flag and that's something former players have pointed out as well.

That's where I am.  I guess a lot of Huddlers don't have daughters or don't respect their wives.  I'd rather win zero playoff games for the next decade than win ten superbowls with Watson.  

• Poo 1

Winning teams take chances on guys. You see consistently good franchises sign guys with troubles literally every year if they think they can help the team win. Kansas City just gave Josh Gordon is 14th chance in the league. Woman abusers are welcomed back as long as they are good. But god forbid the Panthers take a chance on DeShaun and try to move above mediocrity. Someone else will sign him and he will win. And most of this stuff will be forgotten about. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1