• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans have had serious trade talks regarding Deshaun Watson with Dolphins, Eagles, and Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

16 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Miami or NC????

no disrespect to the Carolinas but Miami sounds a little nicer. 

You ever been to Miami?  It's a nasty hell hole.  Once you go you will discover all all the rich and famous live on an island only accessible by helicopter or boat.  Yea I would take NC

• Poo 2

Just now, HPPantherzfan said:

You ever been to Miami?  It's a nasty hell hole.  Once you go you will discover all all the rich and famous live on an island only accessible by helicopter or boat.  Yea I would take NC

yes, I'm sure a person of Watson's stature will absolutely hate the fact that the rich and famous have their own island.  He would also hate the fact about the no state income tax especially with all the settlements looming.  

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Flames 1

Just now, Ocpanthertew714 said:

yes, I'm sure a person of Watson's stature will absolutely hate the fact that the rich and famous have their own island.  He would also hate the fact about the no state income tax especially with all the settlements looming.  

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

No state income tax.  2x property taxes and Insurance.  You sure you've been to Miami?

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

All these reports are 100% coming from the Texans trying to drive up his value and market to get rid of him before the deadline. Miami appears to be the only team actually interested in acquiring him right now and even then I kinda doubt they do trade for him before the deadline. Just too much uncertainty and Texans asking price has been high (rightfully so as they don't want to give away an MVP caliber QB for nothing, even with his off field issues).

This is what it is. The Texans are trying to drive up the value they can get from Miami and it's just Miami alone based on Watson having a no trade clause so he can pick where he wants to go really which drives costs down.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

This is where I’m at.

Bring him in, make him active, and if he’s suspended it is what it is. Speed up the process so we can get him on the field 

You'd give up multiple 1st round picks for a player who may wind up on the Exempt list (eating our cap but can't play) and then say "it is what it is?"

Only way any team trades for Watson is if the return is all conditional on him being able to play (not much precedent for this in the NFL with superstar players and legal issues), or the team gets assurances from the league that with the known info he wouldn't be suspended or put on exempt list (aka, not happening. league will adjust on the fly as needed depending on media/general public uproar if he is activated, etc.).

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

You'd give up multiple 1st round picks for a player who may wind up on the Exempt list (eating our cap but can't play) and then say "it is what it is?"

Only way any team trades for Watson is if the return is all conditional on him being able to play (not much precedent for this in the NFL with superstar players and legal issues), or the team gets assurances from the league that with the known info he wouldn't be suspended or put on exempt list (aka, not happening. league will adjust on the fly as needed depending on media/general public uproar if he is activated, etc.).

Yes.  That is in all likelihood very temporary, and then when its all finally settled, you have your superstar franchise QB for the next decade plus. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, t96 said:

34 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yes.  That is in all likelihood very temporary, and then when its all finally settled, you have your superstar franchise QB for the next decade plus. 

And a dark cloud for the next decade plus, as well.    Tepper would just love to be viewed as a fuging hypocrite.....NOT.

Image is everything and the Image of Watson as a Panther after the organization got rid of another "dark cloud" is not a good thing no matter how talented he is.

This isn't a game of Madden we are playing here.  

Another issue is giving up 3...not 1...not 2....but THREE 1st- rounders to Houston where those draft picks could be used for more O-Line help or something...and I just cannot see Fitterer pull the trigger unless someone forces his hand.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

And a dark cloud for the next decade plus, as well.    Tepper would just love to be viewed as a fuging hypocrite.....NOT.

Image is everything and the Image of Watson as a Panther after the organization got rid of another "dark cloud" is not a good thing no matter how talented he is.

This isn't a game of Madden we are playing here.  

Another issue is giving up 3...not 1...not 2....but THREE 1st- rounders to Houston where those draft picks could be used for more O-Line help or something...and I just cannot see Fitterer pull the trigger unless someone forces his hand.

I totally see what you are saying, BUT I highly doubt that Houston is going to get the price they were asking before the season started.  They can want 3 firsts and 2 players or whatever but I have a feeling the actual deal they get will be dramatically less than that. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I totally see what you are saying, BUT I highly doubt that Houston is going to get the price they were asking before the season started.  They can want 3 firsts and 2 players or whatever but I have a feeling the actual deal they get will be dramatically less than that. 

I haven't seen any indication they've moved off from their demands.

But whatever deal they'll get, I feel safe and confident to go out on a limb and say that it won't be from us. 

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok the man is loaded. He probably flies people in to come detail his car. When it comes to his body, which is his livelihood, of course he will fly out the professionals he wants to help maintain it. What’s a plane ticket to these guys? You are so eager to watch a sports team win, but let’s draw the line somewhere… 

So you believe that since his body is his livelihood, he was flying in Instagram women from out of state who aren't licensed massage therapists solely to take care of the body that is worth literally hundred of millions to him over the next 10 years rather than using the licensed professionals available at or through Texans' headquarters? 

Come on, don't be so naive in your quest to white knight. 

Edited by Smittymoose