• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans have had serious trade talks regarding Deshaun Watson with Dolphins, Eagles, and Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I do think that with a slightly more shored up D with more experience, a new OL (this being key), and better receiving options out of the backfield behind CMC, this is a playoff team.  If CMC stays healthy and if we don't have severe injuries to multiple critical d starters this still could Have been a playoff team this year... But I doubt those things will be the case, especially with Horn already out for the season.

Edit: the running back outlet seems critical for Brady, and Chubba has dropped 26% of the throws he's been targeted with. Some of that is on Darnold but not all.

I think we have to find a better QB than Darnold to make the playoffs. It would take a very stellar supporting cast to lift him to that level.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think we have to find a better QB than Darnold to make the playoffs. It would take a very stellar supporting cast to lift him to that level.

that's fair. thinking he can get us into the playoffs isn't thinking he is good enough to win consistently there... and with the current state of the offense there's zero chance of that.  But I'm an optimist haha.  Still,  I think we are more likely with a different vet to reach the post season next year.

CMC being healthy really changes the offense tho.  Hell, any competent pass catching back does... and that has been a problem the last few weeks.  Davis is no CMC but he was sooooo much better than Chubba in that role.  I still have hope for our rookie, dont get me wrong, but Davis had 2 drops in 15 games, 2.9% rate... Hubbard is over 25% drop rate with 5 or 6 already 😞  I personally think that is a bigger issue than the fact Robby is coating his gloves in olive oil between possessions.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

that's fair. thinking he can get us into the playoffs isn't thinking he is good enough to win consistently there... and with the current state of the offense there's zero chance of that.  But I'm an optimist haha.  Still,  I think we are more likely with a different vet to reach the post season next year.

CMC being healthy really changes the offense tho.  Hell, any competent pass catching back does... and that has been a problem the last few weeks.  Davis is no CMC but he was sooooo much better than Chubba in that role.  I still have hope for our rookie, dont get me wrong, but Davis had 2 drops in 15 games, 2.9% rate... Hubbard is over 25% drop rate with 5 or 6 already 😞  I personally think that is a bigger issue than the fact Robby is coating his gloves in olive oil between possessions.

I agree. We relied heavily on RB passes last year with or without CMC. It's kind of mind blowing that we drafted a RB that doesn't have good receiving ability or that we don't have another one on the roster that does. 

Robby will eventually get the yips figured out but I don't think we are going to see a dramatic improvement during the season for our rookie RB. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh know he was not using team professionals because of what he was planning to do. This thought process is from the women being flown out for his massage. I’m sure the rich and famous fly them out and other professionals for all sorts of goods and services. If he was expecting something different there are different professions that handle that. 

So you think this man hires professionals massage therapists and does “consensual” sexual acts with them? Then texts then the next day apologizing and all 22 of them are just crying sexual assault for money. You think I am the naive one… If they normally do this type of business wouldn’t this be a career ending move by all of them? 

So your opinion is that these women are all so stupid that they didn’t realize that Watson has all of the resources he could possibly need at his disposal to take care of any massage therapy needs, and instead needed to fly in unlicensed women from Instagram? 

He didn’t text all of them and apologize the next day. There were maybe a handful, of course, there’s no context as to WHAT he’s apologizing about or WHY. Then there’s the pesky detail that several of them came back for more. 

Like I said, these Instagram hoes don’t need people on the internet white knighting for them. Either they are amongst the absolute dumbest adults on the planet, or they knew what was up. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

So your opinion is that these women are all so stupid that they didn’t realize that Watson has all of the resources he could possibly need at his disposal to take care of any massage therapy needs, and instead needed to fly in unlicensed women from Instagram? 

He didn’t text all of them and apologize the next day. There were maybe a handful, of course, there’s no context as to WHAT he’s apologizing about or WHY. Then there’s the pesky detail that several of them came back for more. 

Like I said, these Instagram hoes don’t need people on the internet white knighting for them. Either they are amongst the absolute dumbest adults on the planet, or they knew what was up. 

Or maybe, just maybe the rich football player has a power complex or is a pervert? Could that be possible? White knighting or just being a realist considering the circumstances. It’s 22 women with similar stories and texts from him apologizing. You are just in denial because you are a fan of his or Clemson or want him on our team. Why are teams not in a bidding war for him right now? He is one of the most talented QBs in the league. It’s because the facts/data are not in his favor. The Panthers have just stated they aren’t pursuing him so move on. 

37 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Calling sexual assault victims 'Instagram hoes'? Can we move this thread to the TB just like every other Watson thread finally? @LinvilleGorge@rayzor

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 2