• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graham Gano: Panthers doctors misdiagnosed career-threatening injury

therealmjl

Say what you want about Gano, but this is a bad look for us. Pretty pathetic.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-graham-gano-panthers-misdiagnosed-injury-20211020-uxbnnkqzkrfj5eqoq3uhmg6w5q-story.html

“It was potentially career-ending,” Gano said. “That whole thing was mismanaged. They told me I had one injury when it was actually a lot worse than that. What really needed to be fixed wasn’t. I shouldn’t have missed the full season I did. But there’s no changing it now, so I’m just thankful to be playing here.”

A Panthers spokesperson declined comment on behalf of the organization.

“I think it was actually the day I was coming back to kick in front of the new coaches [in July 2020],” Gano said. “I was walking out the door and they stopped me and said, ‘Just wait.’ And they cut me right then. That was gonna be my first day kicking in front of the new staff.”

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

I mean we have been saying our trainers/docs have to be trash given everything that's happened with our players over the years...to hear this is honestly pretty appalling.
Don't fug with peoples health/lives like this. It's one thing for a grown man to suit up and do what he wants to do given correct knowledge of his current health but if you say you're fixing this and you don't that pisses me off so bad.

When the best defense is negligence....at worse this could be what?(yo do a exploratory scope and tell em he's good on some placebo poo so he won't miss the year) That should piss everyone off tbh.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

51 minutes ago, frankw said:

Very disappointing but not surprising. Talk of our previous medical staff had loomed for years and we will probably hear more about it. That being said things worked out nicely for Gano and he's making bank now. Time to move on.

Did we switch medical staff this year or last year. Cause if he was kicking for Rhule I can only assume it was our new guys.