• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrace Marshall

Italianpantherfan

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What? What in the world does 20ypr in the preseason have to do with almost 20 yards per game in the regular season? You do realize that yards per reception is the yards you go on each reception you have and that yards per game is the total yards you get every game on potentially and usually multiple receptions. SMH if you are thinking they are the same thing.

Yeah, I got mixed up on the per reception vs per game. Anyways, I think we can all agree we have much larger problems than Terrace Marshall.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Wait wait wait

Folks are down on TMJ?

Are they just not watching the games... or did he wedgie them in elementary school?

I really think people lie in bed at night thinking of things to bitch about when they get on the huddle in the morning.  

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That is another issue entirely. Quite a few of our draft picks should have been OL. That's why some of us were screaming at our TV's the whole draft.

Exactly. Claim to be a staff that takes an analytical approach yet we abandon analytics in the draft and take the shiny flashy pick that has the least impact on each snap. 

2 minutes ago, Beast_3000 said:

Exactly. Claim to be a staff that takes an analytical approach yet we abandon analytics in the draft and take the shiny flashy pick that has the least impact on each snap. 

I would love to see the analytics that got us Erving, Elflein, Christensen and Brown.

I'd love to see the analytics that have us playing Moton at LT and Christensen at RT, despite both of them only ever playing the opposite side.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I really think people lie in bed at night thinking of things to bitch about when they get on the huddle in the morning.  

It's every sports forum. UofL's message board has the very same people crying about why a 6'1" DT hasn't produced very much as a Sophomore while also dogging our coach for not yet signing a local 6'1" DT. Both are 4* guys.

Some people just like to complain.

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

It's every sports forum. UofL's message board has the very same people crying about why a 6'1" DT hasn't produced very much as a Sophomore while also dogging our coach for not yet signing a local 6'1" DT. Both are 4* guys.

Some people just like to complain.

It's what happens when you are losing. All the gripes you have are magnified.

This season has been extremely difficult to watch because I was right about too many things that I said wouldn't work out. Contrary to what some Huddlers believe, it isn't satisfying to be right about something that hurts the team. It's extremely frustrating.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd love to see the analytics that have us playing Moton at LT and Christensen at RT, despite both of them only ever playing the opposite side.

Man you sure you wanna be that up close with the hole of an ass. Electron microscope type....*shudders*

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I think it’s some of us who were hoping for a revamp of the OL and truly hoping that we weren’t pinning our hopes on Erving and Elflein saving the day. I don’t think people would be down on Marshall if the OL wasn’t so bad. It was obvious that it would be and we took two guys (not early either) who weren’t going to start right away and ignored guys like Humphrey and Smith for a 3rd WR (Robby being extended made Marshall a Vernon Butler type pick) and a long snapper. We really did put OL on the back burner in the draft and that’s likely why people are down on Marshall over Humphrey who’s rated higher than all of our OL. Heck, Smith is also rated higher than all of our OL.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Italianpantherfan said:

Stop making excuses he was supposed to be an upgrade over Samuel and he isn’t the man sucks he has done nothing quit making excuses 

Yeah I can tell you're going to be a real peach to have around. 

Probably won't be for long.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I think it’s some of us who were hoping for a revamp of the OL and truly hoping that we weren’t pinning our hopes on Erving and Elflein saving the day. I don’t think people would be down on Marshall if the OL wasn’t so bad. It was obvious that it would be and we took two guys (not early either) who weren’t going to start right away and ignored guys like Humphrey and Smith for a 3rd WR (Robby being extended made Marshall a Vernon Butler type pick) and a long snapper. We really did put OL on the back burner in the draft and that’s likely why people are down on Marshall over Humphrey who’s rated higher than all of our OL. Heck, Smith is also rated higher than all of our OL.

Creed Humphrey was my draft crush this most recent draft, so if there's anybody that was disappointed that we didn't draft him it's me. Despite that, TMJ has been pretty damn solid when compared to other 2nd rd WRs the Panthers have picked up.

Plus, the staff during the behind the scenes footage was clearly targeting an OT, that's why they traded up to select him ~10 picks later.

If TMJ was actually underperforming, I'd understand the handwringing more. The Trey Smith groaning imo is just folks dedicating themselves to being miserable as 31 other teams passed on him as well.

If anything, TMJ is a Bradberry pick as we took multiple CBs that year and we took multiple WRs this most recent.

Edited by Icege