• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers, Panthers, Saints Among Teams Who Inquired About Marlon Mack

CarolinaLivin

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I guess if we can get him for a song and a dance, sure. There is not really a reason to trade significant draft capital or a good player for a partial season fix.

I wonder what we'd be in it for...draft picks falling faster than our players at this point.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, it would have to be 2023 picks, I would think. Can we afford to lose any more 2022 picks??

Round 1

The Carolina Panthers traded their second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the New York Jets in exchange for QB Sam Darnold. They also traded their fourth-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the Jets as part of the deal for Darnold.

In acquiring CB C.J. Henderson, the Panthers traded their third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the Jacksonville Jaguars. They also received a fifth-round 2022 NFL Draft pick, with TE Dan Arnold heading in the opposite direction.

Round 4 (from Texans): The Panthers received the Houston Texans’ fourth-round 2022 NFL Draft pick as part of a trade in the 2021 NFL Draft that saw the Texans select Michigan WR Nico Collins.

Round 5 (from Jaguars): Acquired in the C.J. Henderson trade.

Round 5:

Round 6:

Round 6 (from Raiders): The Panthers received the Las Vegas Raiders’ sixth-round selection in exchange for LB Denzel Perryman and a 2022 NFL Draft seventh-round pick. As a result, the Panthers don’t own their seventh-round pick.

Round 7 (from Titans): The Panthers received this seventh-round pick from the Titans (via the Dolphins) following the trade to Miami of OT Greg Little.

Well poo overall we still have a number of picks but 2nd/3rd rounders can usually yield starters so it looks worse than it is overall as we still have 7 picks but the value of our picks is looking rough.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Round 1

The Carolina Panthers traded their second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the New York Jets in exchange for QB Sam Darnold. They also traded their fourth-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the Jets as part of the deal for Darnold.

In acquiring CB C.J. Henderson, the Panthers traded their third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to the Jacksonville Jaguars. They also received a fifth-round 2022 NFL Draft pick, with TE Dan Arnold heading in the opposite direction.

Round 4 (from Texans): The Panthers received the Houston Texans’ fourth-round 2022 NFL Draft pick as part of a trade in the 2021 NFL Draft that saw the Texans select Michigan WR Nico Collins.

Round 5 (from Jaguars): Acquired in the C.J. Henderson trade.

Round 5:

Round 6:

Round 6 (from Raiders): The Panthers received the Las Vegas Raiders’ sixth-round selection in exchange for LB Denzel Perryman and a 2022 NFL Draft seventh-round pick. As a result, the Panthers don’t own their seventh-round pick.

Round 7 (from Titans): The Panthers received this seventh-round pick from the Titans (via the Dolphins) following the trade to Miami of OT Greg Little.

Well poo overall we still have a number of picks but 2nd/3rd rounders can usually yield starters so it looks worse than it is overall as we still have 7 picks but the value of our picks is looking rough.

We are basically down to getting one player in the two deep with the first rounder. MAYBE a shot at a second in the 4th. The rest are just longshot picks. 

I suspect we will see them trade down out of the first and get 2nd/3rd round picks.  

• Pie 1

According to Anderson, the Chiefs could be competing with the Carolina Panthers, the New Orleans Saints, and the San Francisco 49ers for Mack’s services. In a sense, having multiple teams interested could generate a bit of a bidding war, but everyone also knows that Mack is buried on the Colts depth chart for various reasons and it’s hard to see anyone giving up anything substantial for Mack—including the Chiefs.

Mack was the Colts fourth round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and quickly rose up the depth chart to provide solid production with back to back seasons at or near 1,000 rushing yards. He had 17 total touchdowns between the 2018-19 seasons and looked like he would be the Colts featured back for some time, until he tore his Achilles in the opening game of the 2020 season. Just like that, everything changed for Mack and the Colts, who went on to draft and use Jonathan Taylor as the bell cow instead.

Mack returned to the Colts on a one-year deal this past offseason, but so far he has only 25 carries for 96 yards in limited duty—good for a 3.9 yards/carry average, which is far below his 4.4 career average there.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We are basically down to getting one player in the two deep with the first rounder. MAYBE a shot at a second in the 4th. The rest are just longshot picks. 

I suspect we will see them trade down out of the first and get 2nd/3rd round picks.  

I was expecting that too. If there is a C where we pick I probably would just grab him in the first or if we can drop back and still get the C then do that. I just still think it'd be worth to go best OL available with our 1 and the rest of the picks are toss ups really but at least we've shown to be able to pick later in the rounds.