• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mac jones

Italianpantherfan

22 hours ago, Italianpantherfan said:

I was right and y’all were wrong 😑 I was crushed on this site earlier this year when I said draft Mac jones ! And now look at him he’s great while we’re struggling with darnold . I knew Mac was the real deal but y’all stay lurking with Jason la canforas draft ratings . Lol seasons done I hope the giants beat us bro so we can get a real qb 

Thumbs Down (XXXL) : Stock Photo

Even if Mac Jones was great ( he is not) Brady would not change his offense to suit him. The guy has no idea to how to create an offense based on the players he has at his disposal. 

Mac is with one of the greatest head coaches of all time in NE and he is not being asked to do a whole lot. He still has 7td 6 int and a 2-4 record, those are not great numbers

22 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The ability to get the ball out fast and accurately is more important than being mobile.  Of course,  mobile qb's are easier to find than fast and accurate.  

And I am talking about Brady, not Jones of course.  

I hope Jones play well except when we play them at our next home game. I hope he is awful and he gives us a few picks.

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Even if Mac Jones was great ( he is not) Brady would not change his offense to suit him. The guy has no idea to how to create an offense based on the players he has at his disposal. 

Mac is with one of the greatest head coaches of all time in NE and he is not being asked to do a whole lot. He still has 7td 6 int and a 2-4 record, those are not great numbers

You're right those are bad numbers. So our fourth year starting quarterback shouldn't be worse right? 7 td 7 int 8 turnovers in 3 games 79.7 passer rating compared to 89.6 for Jones. It's still Adam Gase's fault though.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You're right those are bad numbers. So our fourth year starting quarterback shouldn't be worse right? 7 td 7 int 8 turnovers in 3 games 79.7 passer rating compared to 89.6 for Jones. It's still Adam Gase's fault though.

HOF HC vs College guys.

Coaching matters in this league, Mac would have god awful numbers trying to force comebacks to lackadaisical WRs. 

Darnold also has the highest dropped pass % in the league. 

Its not like Mac is crushing it and has far superior numbers to Darnold.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

We used to do the same thing to Cam. Let's not include Darnolds 5 rushing TDs for a total of 12 TDs because that distorts the agenda we keep pounding on.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

HOF HC vs College guys.

Coaching matters in this league, Mac would have god awful numbers trying to force comebacks to lackadaisical WRs. 

Darnold also has the highest dropped pass % in the league. 

Its not like Mac is crushing it and has far superior numbers to Darnold.

Daniel Jones has a better passer rating than Darnold. His OC is Jason Garret and can you name one Giants receiver? These excuses are a joke.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We used to do the same thing to Cam. Let's not include Darnolds 5 rushing TDs for a total of 12 TDs because that distorts the agenda we keep pounding on.

Ah yes let's drag Newton into this again. One qb is a former mvp who has actually won something at the nfl level the other is a former bust in his fourth year who is still trying to shake the turnover prone label. Raise your expectations good grief.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I was going to add this in my post, but why bother. The losses are only on Darnold the rest of our team is stellar. 

Just now, frankw said:

Daniel Jones has a better passer rating than Darnold. His OC his Jason Garret and can you name one Giants receiver? These excuses are a joke.

Ah yes let's drag Newton into this again. One qb is a former mvp who has actually won something at the nfl level the other is a former bust in his fourth year who is still trying to shake the turnover prone label. Raise your expectations good grief.

They are not excuses. Jason Garrett has been calling plays in the NFL for 10 years?

Darnold may not be the guy, but he is far from the only problem on this team. QB carousel has to stop at some point or we can continue to trot out turnstiles all along the OL and call predictable plays especially late in games. 

23 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

All good points but may I also add that Mac isn’t lining up behind 4 turnstiles either.   If he was he might look similar to… Sam Darnold?

21 hours ago, t96 said:

He's a non-mobile Alex Smith at best. Which is not what a team should be striving to get when they draft a QB in the first round.

I don't think that's fair.  He definitely could become as good as Matt Ryan, if New England builds around him the right way.  

Will he reach that level?  Hard to say.  But I don't think his ceiling is capped as a non-mobile Alex Smith.  Especially since he's starting in a good situation right away, at least from a coaching standpoint.  Smith was an unanimous bust until Jim Harbaugh came to San Fran.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Daniel Jones has a better passer rating than Darnold. His OC is Jason Garret and can you name one Giants receiver? These excuses are a joke.

You clearly seem confused. No one is comparing them as QBs. I said we often undervalued Cam by only referring to his passing stats and not including his rushing stats. You did the same thing with Darnold in your attempt to discredit him. Any other comparison is in your head not what was posted.

• Pie 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

They are not excuses. Jason Garrett has been calling plays in the NFL for 10 years?

Darnold may not be the guy, but he is far from the only problem on this team. QB carousel has to stop at some point or we can continue to trot out turnstiles all along the OL and call predictable plays especially late in games. 

Jason Garret has been blasted over the years for his playcalling abilities he went from head coach of one of the sports most popular teams to coordinating for one of the worst and answering to a former special teams coach as his boss. Please don't even go there. Nobody said Darnold is the only problem but there's a reason you are running from discussing his 8 turnovers in our last three losses. Either address it or stop making excuses.