• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mac jones

Italianpantherfan

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Again you clearly are ranting and trying to.make up for your clearly biased attempt to discredit Darnold as many did Cam while he was here. There will be plenty of time to evaluate the season and decide what we do moving forward. Until then I am just going to enjoy this year and seeing what happens. I never have understood fans who bitch and complain about their team and stay fans. 

What is my bias? Holding the quarterback accountable for turnovers the same as we did for Cam Newton and Jake Delhomme? Darnold's rushing touchdowns were not sustainable. You still have to be able to throw the ball well and also be smart with it. Sam has not done that and that along with our oline and drops are the biggest reasons we are in the midst of this losing streak. If Sam doesn't turn the ball over three times against a 1 win team at home we win even with other factors mentioned. You want to play victim and cry foul while the rest of us want to win and we need our quarterback to play better first and foremost

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

What is my bias? Holding the quarterback accountable for turnovers the same as we did for Cam Newton and Jake Delhomme? Darnold's rushing touchdowns were not sustainable. You still have to be able to throw the ball well and also be smart with it. Sam has not done that and that along with our oline and drops are the biggest reasons we are in the midst of this losing streak. If Sam doesn't turn the ball over three times against a 1 win team at home we win even with other factors mentioned. You want to play victim and cry foul while the rest of us want to win and we need our quarterback to play better first and foremost

You are clearly arguing about something no one is even debating. No one is happy how Darnold is playing right now or thinks he doesn't need to improve. But the point was simply if you are going to use numbers to make a point then include all of them otherwise your stats become meaningless since they are out of context and incomplete.  Much like people did with Cam. It is okay to admit you were wrong and did it intentionally to buoy your opinion. But stop with the ongoing arguments about things no one else is debating. It just makes you look more like a hater which undermines your credibility which isn't very good already.

Look I'm not happy with Darnolds play but the idea we should ignore his rushing TDs is asinine.... They happened, defenses are forced to account for his mobility in the red zone now... 

And it's not like including them somehow changes the narrative of an inconsistent player that isn't performing how he needs to, even if he also isn't getting the help to change that from various areas.

I think those of us who have spent time around this fanbase for years knows the reason why this conversation has shifted from shitting on rookie Mac Jones numbers to immediately changing the subject to Darnold's rushing scores after highlighting his other statistics in comparison to said rookie. It's very apparent.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think those of us who have spent time around this fanbase for years knows the reason why this conversation has shifted from shitting on rookie Mac Jones numbers to immediately changing the subject to Darnold's rushing scores after highlighting his other statistics in comparison to said rookie. It's very apparent.

I mean, I don't see the point in making incomplete comparisons and drawing a conclusion like Mac Jones has equal stats to Darnold from them... Darnold has accounted for almost twice the TDs as Mac but thrown far too many INTs.  He's not a rookie and should be better than that.  Jones gets a pass on the INTs as a rookie. Not so for our QB imo.

Frankly Darnold should have much better numbers than Jones.  It's bad he doesn't have better numbers than he does. But that point can be made without ignoring what he does contribute in rushing TDs, too.

Edit: lol wait are you really complaining about people "shifting" a conversation to protecting Darnold when you seem to be the one that came into a thread to complain about him?

Edited by mav1234

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I mean, I don't see the point in making incomplete comparisons and drawing a conclusion like Mac Jones has equal stats to Darnold from them... Darnold has accounted for almost twice the TDs as Mac but thrown far too many INTs.  He's not a rookie and should be better than that.  Jones gets a pass on the INTs as a rookie. Not so for our QB imo.

Frankly Darnold should have much better numbers than Jones.  It's bad he doesn't have better numbers than he does. But that point can be made without ignoring what he does contribute in rushing TDs, too.

Edit: lol wait are you really complaining about people "shifting" a conversation to protecting Darnold when you seem to be the one that came into a thread to complain about him?

I quoted a post about Jones "bad numbers" and mentioned our own quarterbacks ints and passer rating and a few posters lost their minds and now all they can talk about is Darnold's rushing ability that I've never denied. I've actually been pleasantly surprised with his pocket movement but he's been on the decline since the second half of that Dallas loss primarily bc of his decision making as a passer. We brought him in specifically for his arm talent. If we have to walk around on egg shells about his deficiencies no more needs to be said.

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

I quoted a post about Jones "bad numbers" and mentioned our own quarterbacks ints and passer rating and a few posters lost their minds and now all they can talk about is Darnold's rushing ability that I've never denied. I've actually been pleasantly surprised with his pocket movement but he's been on the decline since the second half of that Dallas loss primarily bc of his decision making as a passer. We brought him in specifically for his arm talent. If we have to walk around on egg shells about his deficiencies no more needs to be said.

You jumped into a thread about Mac Jones and brought up Darnolds numbers, including TDs, in a direct comparison to Jones... Of course someone will highlight Darnold has more TDs...

You don't need to walk around on egg shells, imo, but you came into a thread about a different QB to poo on ours. I may have missed people in this thread celebrating Darnold over Jones... But I think the reaction is a bit expected.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

You jumped into a thread about Mac Jones and brought up Darnolds numbers, including TDs, in a direct comparison to Jones... Of course someone will highlight Darnold has more TDs...

You don't need to walk around on egg shells, imo, but you came into a thread about a different QB to poo on ours. I may have missed people in this thread celebrating Darnold over Jones... But I think the reaction is a bit expected.

Sam's turnovers are holding back his team no different than the rookie though. If we're going to drag other qb's we should at least be consistent with our own. That's it.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sam's turnovers are holding back his team no different than the rookie though. If we're going to drag other qb's we should at least be consistent with our own. That's it.

They are holding us back, and there's 192738293 threads in which that has been expounded on...

But I mean... any time any other player is mentioned we absolutely must mention Darnold's mistakes in comparison?  The vast majority of fans and coaching staff aren't giving Darnold a pass.   We can talk about a player we were associated with pre draft without needing to caveat everything with "but our starting QB also sucks", don't you think?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

They are holding us back, and there's 192738293 threads in which that has been expounded on...

But I mean... any time any other player is mentioned we absolutely must mention Darnold's mistakes in comparison?  The vast majority of fans and coaching staff aren't giving Darnold a pass.   We can talk about a player we were associated with pre draft without needing to caveat everything with "but our starting QB also sucks", don't you think?

Panthers fans have been very down on Mac Jones since before the draft and taken every opportunity to dunk on him as a passer. I didn't want him here either but I also didn't expect our own fourth year starter known for his arm would have more interceptions than Jones and a worse passer rating. It's not out of bounds or hating to discuss that aspect if we are going to keep talking about a rookie qb in another conference for giggles. I'll leave it at that.

Majority thought Mac was the most ready to jump in and start day one. Problem is what you see is what you get, forever. The guy clearly hit his ceiling in college. He isn’t all of a sudden going to become an athletic freak or grow a cannon for an arm.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It is clear he is trying to cast Darnold as negatively as he can and takes every chance he gets to complain and point out the negative. What is funny is that he thinks others are being triggered when clearly he is so triggered that he turns every thread into complaining and bitching about Darnold.

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It is clear he is trying to cast Darnold as negatively as he can and takes every chance he gets to complain and point out the negative. What is funny is that he thinks others are being triggered when clearly he is so triggered that he turns every thread into complaining and bitching about Darnold.

Gotta bring more than Darnold sucks wahh Darnold sucks wahhh

Kungfoodood is actually having a conversation and also posting stats to go along with his thoughts on Darnold.

• Pie 1