• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our Secondary

shaq

The Stephon Gilmore trade is even more interesting then I first realized. He has position flexibility to play free safety, a position we are really weak at. Maybe he doesn’t play free safety this year with Jaycee out, but next year with Jaycee back I think that it could be a real possibility. Also, I think there’s a strong chance we bring Donte back, Frittergoat clearly loves his DBs.

CB-Donte

CB-Jaycee

Slot- Henderson(or Bouye if he resigns)

FS- Gilmore

SS- Chinn

+ Keith Taylor as a really strong backup option 

That lineup is the best DB group in the league with zero doubt. Plus we finally get a real FS in the first time in 10 years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bouye is already under contract next season.  Donte is not.

I'd be very surprised if Gilmore would sign to play safety.  He can get big money to play corner, really big money.  If Henderson plays up to his draft position, it will be an amazing collection of corners, something where years from now will look back and say they were all on the same team one year.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

This year or if we keep Gilmore Next season, I see zero reason to move him to FS.  

he would be the best CB on the team.   Why wouldn’t you play the best CB at CB? 

Personally I think he’s the best DB in the league, he’s played FS in New England. And you can make the argument that the differential in talent between Gilmore and Burris is far greater then the talent difference between him and Jaycee. I understand your point but I think there could be some real value in even a part time role at FS.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Bouye is already under contract next season.  Donte is not.

I'd be very surprised if Gilmore would sign to play safety.  He can get big money to play corner, really big money.  If Henderson plays up to his draft position, it will be an amazing collection of corners, something where years from now will look back and say they were all on the same team one year.

I mean if you read my post I mentioned both Donte needing to be resigned. I doubt he’s signing any sort of small contract to play either, I’m just making the point that due to our surplus of CB talent and our utter lack of FS talent he could be more impactful personnel wise at FS.

5 minutes ago, shaq said:

Personally I think he’s the best DB in the league, he’s played FS in New England. And you can make the argument that the differential in talent between Gilmore and Burris is far greater then the talent difference between him and Jaycee. I understand your point but I think there could be some real value in even a part time role at FS.

I think the gap between Gilmore and every corner here is pretty big.   I’d rather just go find a S if we kept Gilmore around. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the gap between Gilmore and every corner here is pretty big.   I’d rather just go find a S if we kept Gilmore around. 

I do know how MOTHER FUQUIN CRAZY THAT IS but....finding a S to play S man....whooo that's out there.

• Beer 1

The only way we keep all 6 is if one of them accepts a FS role. Won't be Jaycee or Gilmore, they're CB 1 and 2. 

Now between the other 4, my first guess would be CJ Henderson. Donte is too good of a CB to risk a change of position. Bouye and Taylor are ridiculous CB depth.

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

If donte was bigger I’d say love him around like arz does budda baker, but with his size I’m not sure taking on blockers etc is going to yield a healthy donte who already has some health issues at times 

So what's going on in Arizona now 👀

• Flames 1

41 minutes ago, shaq said:

Agreed and it could allow him to lengthen his career significantly. Charles Woodson was very successful making that transition. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I see us stacking up on quality CBs and in this league you never have enough quality CBs.

I like it and hopefully we'll reap the benefits soon.

I'd rather see the team start stacking up on quality Oline instead. Quality CBs don't mean squat if the offense doesn't score or even stay on the field long enough for the defense to get a break.