• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Giants Fans are Saying

CarolinaLivin

Will the Giants be the "get right" game for the Panthers?
« on: Today at 10:44:37 AM »

the Panthers started out on fire 3-0.  They lost their key MLB and their star RB and crashed to an 0-3 stretch since (who knew injuries could impact a team's performance?).    Will the Panthers use the injury-riddled and struggling Giants team to "get right" this Sunday?

While I would expect the Giants to lose this game (how can anyone sanely expect anything else right now), I am guessing they'll play a lot better (or less poorly) than they did last week, even adjusting for the strength of the opponent. Even though Judge seems totally ineffective, these players are professionals, and anytime you get that humiliated and the whole country sees multiple people quitting the way they did, that tends to not be repeated a week later. Also, this week they will have had proper time to prepare for this game knowing that all these guys will be out, which they didn't have last week.

Last week I thought the Giants had no chance. This week I would say they have A chance, even though my base case would be a loss. Carolina is ok but not great, especially without CMC. This is a completely different opponent this week than last week, and the Giants themselves should play better than last week.

I'll actually be very surprised if this game is another massacre. This feels more like a 24-17 (Carolina win) type game to me. So is that a "get right" game for Carolina? It would be a win, which ultimately is all that matters.

This week, I'm taking the Giants in this bet. I think that they will answer the call. 24-20 Giants. Considering that the Chiefs, Raiders, and Bucs are coming after that, this is the one that we will get.

so sick of this ****ing team overall

Too many injuries to overcome on offense I think.
Still looked a bit lost on defense. Graham said he simplified the D but still a lot of blown coverages.

Who knows though...this team does tend to surprise.

I hope Jones turnovers was a one game bump in the road and not a sign of forcing things and opening the flood gates. They might have a chance vs Carolina.

If we lose this we go 1-9 before a real chance at victory imo. My prediction this year is 5-12. I originally had us going 9-8 possibly 10-6. Boy did I drink the Giant Blue cool aid.

Could you imagine Darnold coming into MetLife Stadium and lighting us up while Barkley is largely ineffective or potentially missing yet another game due to injury?

This Giant D is gonna make Darnold look like an All Pro QB, 3 passing TDs + 1 rushing TD for him in this game. Car 28-NY 17

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,59548.0.html

https://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/thread/9675/carolina-2-5-giants

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Not having CMC, Shaq and Horn really puts us the bottom of the league. But a win would get us above 500 for now. if we get key players back we could still get to 8 or 9 wins. I 'll take that this year, but we better get a new long snapper in the draft...

Hey kidding...< makes the O face>

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, AviationMX said:

Not having CMC, Shaq and Horn really puts us the bottom of the league. But a win would get us above 500 for now. if we get key players back we could still get to 8 or 9 wins. I 'll take that this year, but we better get a new long snapper in the draft...

Hey kidding...< makes the O face>

The answer is on the roster...I mean IR.