• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers not in mix to acquire Texans QB Deshaun Watson:

ladypanther

We've all had our fun debating over if we're going to trade for Watson, and I of course have thrown in hyperbole fueled comments as well.

To be totally serious and sober about it now, I really don't think any team is going to trade for Watson before the deadline. There is just too high a possibility that Watson will be going to jail. I don't think Miami is going to touch him and risk all of those draft picks on a potential jail bird. My prediction now is that Watson stays in Houston until March when trading resumes.... and he's traded to the CAROLINA PANTHERS!

Sir Purr GIF by Carolina Panthers

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

We've all had our fun debating over if we're going to trade for Watson, and I of course have thrown in hyperbole fueled comments as well.

To be totally serious and sober about it now, I really don't think any team is going to trade for Watson before the deadline. There is just too high a possibility that Watson will be going to jail. I don't think Miami is going to touch him and risk all of those draft picks on a potential jail bird. My prediction now is that Watson stays in Houston until March when trading resumes.... and he's traded to the CAROLINA PANTHERS!

Sir Purr GIF by Carolina Panthers

traded to the CAROLINA PANTHERS....FOR........????

If that is true, then I would be highly disappointed. Watson MAY not play this year, but he 100% is playing next year. Do people really want to play QB carousal for god knows how long before we find even a DECENT QB? Or would you rather trade for a young franchise QB and be set and contending for a ship for the foreseeable future?

19 hours ago, 4Corners said:

The fact that the Texans want an arm and a leg and he is allegedly a serial sexual predator - I am good with us passing on Watson. Way too much bullshit and the juice is not worth the squeeze. 

you’d have to be one really special fugtard to think this would be a good idea

as you can see here at the huddle we have plenty

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

Nothing will ever be proven in court (mostly because it’s hard to prove lies and embellishments), and young franchise QBs don’t just grow on trees. 

Harvey Weinstein is serving a long stretch of hard time due to a convictions for which there was no physical evidence whatsoever for incidents that were years in the past -- simply she said vs. he said.

6 hours ago, pantherj said:

To be totally serious and sober about it now, I really don't think any team is going to trade for Watson before the deadline. There is just too high a possibility that Watson will be going to jail. 

I don't think the odds of him going to jail at this point are high at all.   Acquiring him and him not actually being allowed to play in the 2021 or the 2022 season? Super high. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think a pole on this would be interesting to see the percentage of people that think this would be a good idea.

Apparently some team offered them 3 firsts and 3 thirds before the draft and they declined.

Regardless of compensation I would not make this move but feels like plenty of people would be totally fine with it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/12/report-texans-rejected-offer-of-three-first-round-picks-and-three-first-round-picks-before-draft/

Edited by Shocker