• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left tackle Cameron Erving won't travel to New York

Carolina Panthers

Some coaches want to win. Other coaches are just here to make money. Pete Carroll drafted a QB in the 3rd round and had the football knowledge and balls to start him right away even after giving Matt Flynn a huge contract. Last year, Anthony Lynn did all he could to not have to start Justin Herbert in favor of Tyrod Taylor. Herbert only became the rookie of the year and Lynn was fired. Matt Rhule is in the same tier as Anthony Lynn. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 4

18 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Some coaches want to win. Other coaches are just here to make money. Pete Carroll drafted a QB in the 3rd round and had the football knowledge and balls to start him right away even after giving Matt Flynn a huge contract. Last year, Anthony Lynn did all he could to not have to start Justin Herbert in favor of Tyrod Taylor. Herbert only became the rookie of the year and Lynn was fired. Matt Rhule is in the same tier as Anthony Lynn. 

At the very least no one has any reason to believe in Rhules evaluation/coaching skills. Doesn't know who to play and doesn't know what to do with all these project guys he thought he could pep talk into becoming NFL starters. 

• Beer 2

I hope Christenson looks good at LT and then we get back a healthy Erving and plug him in the interior and get instantly better at 2 positions. Erving when healthy is definitely one of our top 5 best lineman (although that's a low bar). I have to think he'd be a significant upgrade over everyone we've been throwing in at guard.

• Beer 1

In years past, I could rattle off the starting lineup with ease. When I gave up fandom status and stopped living my life around this team, I realize I know nothing about these guys, where they went to school, prior teams, nothing.

All good, though. I'm in a much better place and figuring out who's starting at left turnstile or right garden gate means very little anymore.