• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Giants please God let us win GameDay thread

Zod

17 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just read this in the Observer about last week's game:

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article255095552.html#storylink=cpy

So Brady got called out by his boss.  His play calling will be very interesting to see today.  Hope he gets it right.  Panthers can't lose this one...they just can't.

I’m just worried we are going to go back to way too many power middle runs. Perhaps it’ll work against the giants. I don’t know anything about their defense, but it’s clear we simply don’t have the assets to run up the middle consistently. 

So, in the preseason, I said if Rhule found himself with another five win season he'd be on the hot seat and probably be released at the end of the season, contract or no contract? People laughed and laughed.

So here we are, week 7 and as a fanbase we're ready to call for his head already. My premise doesn't sound so stupid anymore does it?

Rhule, Brady and even Snow are coaching for their jobs right now. Sitting across from them is Joe Judge the guy the Giants were left to hire after Tepper put the big money contract in front of Rhule and would not let him go to NY before signing it. If these guys lose to NYG today, then the band starts playing the death march. It doesn't matter if it is an ineffective offense or a defense that gives up 500+ yards. It won't matter if it is a single botched special teams play. If we lose this one, then it's dead men walking. And considering how Fitterer has busily stocked the shelves with some real dented/labelless merchandise, he may well be gone, too.

Me, I want Rhule to succeed. I want him to be able to deliver what he said he would. This team, though, is even weaker on the field than it is on paper. And I think we're seeing a lot of business decisions being made by players with injuries and "injuries."  

Today, Rhule needs to prove the narrative is wrong. He needs to show he is further along in this rebuild than the Giants are, that he is the better coach and worth the belief we put into him. Nice guy and all, but if you ain't winning, you're making losers of all of us.

• Flames 1