• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They Cut Cam

NJPanthers12

so we should have rolled out a broken cam so he could get back on IR like the two years prior?  just because he was our best qb and we owe him?

If he was balling for another team i would get these threads.  Since hes not on a team its pretty useless.  

We did try for stafford, sam wasnt our plan a

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

They absolutely did Cam dirty. He deserved a shot with the new coach. And if we sucked we would have been in position to draft a QB.

But we wasted last year with a phantom QB in Teddy Bridgewater and then Sam Darnold. 

Cam looked 10 times better in preseason than anything we’ve had since he left.

this all of this. 

it made no sense to cut cam when we did, you either have cam newton or the perfect excuse to tank and move on amicably at the end of his deal 

instead we've gone with teddy and darnold two of the worst starting qbs in the league 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

Nobody has tried to use him in a role where he is more primarily a runner then a passer.

Mike Shula used that bum arm in 2017 and had us at 11-5 and 1 win from a division title, Norv Turner tried to turn him into a pocket passer.

If Cam has a pitch limit and is used in an option situation, you can win with him, but it would have to be under the assumption he isn't playing until 40.

Ummm that’s exactly what the patriots did. 

11 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

How have Teddy and darnold been? Oh

imagine cutting the single most important player in franchise history for those two?

do we have the dumbest fan base in all of sports? It’s not even close, yes.

which one of these processes gets you to success faster?

A. keep trying the same thing you know won’t work.

B. Try new things, rejecting those that fail, until you get it right.

which one do you want to do? which one is our current FO doing?

Cam is done. And I love Cam.

If he had anything left, he'd be on a team right now. Why isn't Cam starting instead of Darnold? I don't know. Ask 31 other teams why Cam isn't starting over their QB.

And yes, we did him dirty. But not 2 years ago. We did him dirty his entire career by NEVER investing in protecting him. He did him dirty by taking the most dynamic receiver in the franchise's history away from him. We did him dirty by using him up and spitting him out.

But that's what he is. Used up. And anyone who thinks he'd be doing better behind THIS line than Teddy or Sam, I counter that I doubt he'd even playing right now. He'd be on the IR at this point.

17 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cam Newton can't play.

He sucks.

He's sucked for several years because he has no shoulder.

Get over it. 

We don't know if Cam shoulder is done ,  or not. 2020 season you can't  really count bc no training camp and covid. People just assume the worst when it comes to Cam. I hated when patriots drafted Mac bc I figured they would roll with the future instead. Mac is a smart Qb fits the Patriots perfectly. Not really a slight at Cam but they did what they thought was best for their future. Unlike the Panthers.

• Flames 1